Hacking How To Install CFW on <4.5 WITHOUT DS Flashcart / Gateway

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, CFW is a makeshift gateway
Thank you for the response. I think i will try this. One more question, in your youtube video for downgrading it has gateway 3ds ultra 3.0.1 public beta but on the actual gateway 3ds website it has gateway ultra 3.0.4 public beta, was just wondering which one to use, the older one in the video link or the newer one from the gateway website?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the response. I think i will try this. One more question, in your youtube video for downgrading it has gateway 3ds ultra 3.0.1 public beta but on the actual gateway 3ds website it has gateway ultra 3.0.4 public beta, was just wondering which one to use, the older one in the video link or the newer one from the gateway website?
You can get the new one if you want.

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

Hamedxz

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
thanks for tutorial
i have a 3ds with version 1.0.0 , Can i use this method directly or have to update to 4.5 with a game first ???
Sorry for bad english

Zenpu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also cannot get the Mt launcher to open when I go into the profile settings. I'm on 4.1-04U
Seems to error too quickly as well on the website as others have reported.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everything that the video told me, but when i try to load the custom firmware near the end, i get a error message saying, "An Error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart.". If i use a different launcher like the mt or gateway launcher those load up fine but the one that is in the cfw folder does not load up.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you backed up your emunand because the only thing you can do is restore it. It is doubtful there will be any fix for it because it was a stolen/leaked cfw.

Reactions: cvskid

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everything that the video told me, but when i try to load the custom firmware near the end, i get a error message saying, "An Error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart.". If i use a different launcher like the mt or gateway launcher those load up fine but the one that is in the cfw folder does not load up.

I'm having the same problem, can someone please help us?

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
i has the same problem, but i use other launcher and i think i have the cfw... it frozen really common, but i have it

I have problems installing devmenu

Result-code: c8a0802b

Someone can help me? i tried all i read in some forums how look pics but nothing...

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same issue as the rest, browser crashes and I go into DS profile settings but nothing happens. sd card is identical to OP's.

edit: gaev up and asked for help too soon. wiped my browser history / cleared cookies and clean formatted a 1gb SD card, not sure which of those things did hte trick but I got the ds exploit to wokr.

Rediska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
edit: gaev up and asked for help too soon. wiped my browser history / cleared cookies and clean formatted a 1gb SD card, not sure which of those things did hte trick but I got the ds exploit to wokr.

Tried reformatting, clearing all saved data from browser, even system reset, nothing worked. Exploit crashes browser too fast, but as I mentioned before - gateway's exploit successfully runs GW Launcher.dat. Why MT Launcher.dat fails?

Foaad2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, can someone please help us?

belforrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm also having similar problems. Stuck at step 10a (until then everything goes as it should be it seems), trying to launch DS Profile Settings results in crash and reboot. Tried multiple SD cards (formatted both in FAT and FAT32 just in case) and loaders. Japanese console downgraded to 4.4.0-10J via go.gateway-3ds hack. Cleaned cookies and history, tried deleting browser data and restoring factory settings. Nothing helps.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following the latest news on 3DS hacking aside from the regionfree exploit. I'm grabbing my n3DS later this week and do you have to be on the latest firmware in order to do a system transfer because I'm thinking about keeping my normal 3DS as my region free/gateway one.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I could load CFW... L Button broke a while ago, and I refuse to pay $95 for a repair that is probably $12 - $15... damn shame too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...