Hacking How to identify which chip WiiU is using

fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I read that many Wii U are using the hynix chip and these seem to have lots of probleme these days
If I want to buy another Wii U console, is there any way to know what chip the Wii U is using
maybe by the serial number or another way

If hynix chip are causing the issue I don't want to buy another Wii U with this chip in it

thank you

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@eyeliner The point is that 32 GB units are either Toshiba, Samsung or Hynix while 8 GB ones are either Toshiba or Samsung. There doesn't seem to be away to get the chip used from the serial but 8 GB Hynix units simply don't exist.

Reactions: ArgoRV

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like SDIO said you 1/3 chance lottery of getting a hynix, either open it up or install CFW and load up WiiUIdent and take a look, if you got Hynix and you don't like it, sell it, rinse and repeat until you are satisfied with it.

https://hackmd.io/@Lazr/SkxoGbb1n

Anyway so far reported 31 Hynix Dead eMMC, 2 Samsung and 0 Toshiba.

fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will do a backup, but I don't know if it will be much of a help if I get another Hynix and it failed again on me

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will do a backup, but I don't know if it will be much of a help if I get another Hynix and it failed again on me
Then get a white 8gb version. Hynix only made 32gb console. You'll be launching everything from external hdd/sdd anyway, so small emmc won't be an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1