Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi. This is a problem I'm having.
I have a Linksys E1000 flashed with the latest version of DD-WRT for my router (v24-sp2) and I have gotten my router to configure the script on http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install before.

However, since I reset my router to DD-WRT factory settings due to some shitty reason (unable to access the router itself due to me changing the MAC address for WLAN), I tried using the procedures on http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510 but every time I try to input this command through Telnet and the web GUI itself (wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP)

"tmp/nzone.sh does not exist" so it says.

Is there anything that I have done wrong because I HAVE gotten that to work many times last year but for some reason, I cannot get that to work.

PS: I'm literate.

Have you tried to access the website in you're browser? Maby you can't access it so it won't download.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd add some more info here. ^_^ I'm using StreetPass Riilay, BusyBox method, on my Galaxy S4 with hotspot hacks to get around the fact that my carrier thinks I should pay extra for tethering and sharing. :P I have MetroPCS, so I have unlimited data. I have 4 consoles, 1 red o3DS XL, 2 custom-built o3DS XLs, all on 10.4 RxTools and 1 n3DS Gold Hyrule edition on 10.4 ReiNand. I've found that if I just let Riilay pick up where it left off, I don't get as many tags, but if I change the starting MAC back to 40, the tags come faster and more reliably.

One thing to be careful of when using your mobile hotspot is to make sure you know how your ACS (Access Control) is set up. This is a function that allows you to only let certain devices connect to your phone. If this is turned on and your device's MAC isn't on the white list, you WILL NOT GET ANY STREETPASSES! On the other hand, if it's off and you leave Riilay Open, anyone with a wi-fi capable device can connect to your hotspot (which is kind of a neat idea if you're going where there will be 3DS users, actually..so they can get crazy tags and have no idea how they got a pass with someone in Canada, China, Japan, and New York all at once!)

My only complaint with using Riilay is that it shuts down (either by design or it crashes) without turning off the HotSpot, so you could be walking around with an open Hotspot, not getting tags, and having other people sucking on your data.

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My only complaint with using Riilay is that it shuts down (either by design or it crashes) without turning off the HotSpot, so you could be walking around with an open Hotspot, not getting tags, and having other people sucking on your data.

Can't you just enable the allow only known devices to connect?

sikboy1029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a dd-wrt router and tried just changing my SSID to NZ@McD1 and changing the wireless MAC but didn't get any streetpasses, am I missing a step?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just enable the allow only known devices to connect?

Yeah, that's the ACS I mentioned in my post. Of course, if you're like me and you end up formatting or changing your Emunand, you can forget to add your new MAC and not get any passes if you have ACS enabled. By that same note, I had issues getting tags with actual encryption enabled on the hotspot.

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I have a little problem. I have a PC with a Ethernet port (not used), an internal WiFi adapter (intel) and an external one (TP-LINK TL-WN725N) that I want to use for my homepass. Basically, I tried to connect the external adapter, install the drivers and run as administrator (with C++ 2015 instaled) the program with the line "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30". After a second, the program told me "Parent adapter not found!" (with a white background :wtf:). Could someone help me? Nba_Yoh, do you have any advice? Thx!:D

Last edited by MattDragon,
D

Deleted User

Hello guys, I have a little problem. I have a PC with a Ethernet port (not used), an internal WiFi adapter (intel) and an external one (TP-LINK TL-WN725N) that I want to use for my homepass. Basically, I tried to connect the external adapter, install the drivers and run as administrator (with C++ 2015 instaled) the program with the line "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30". After a second, the program told me "Parent adapter not found!" (with a white background :wtf:). Could someone help me? Nba_Yoh, do you have any advice? Thx!:D

Try to launch : "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow", it may be because the virtual network is not linked with your adapter. This error occurs when the program does not find the adapter which is used by the virtual network.

wzrdbenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a way to run a homepass router behind another router to avoid interruption of web connectivity when the mac cycles?
like this:
(modem)-----(Household router)-----(homepass router)

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to launch : "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow", it may be because the virtual network is not linked with your adapter. This error occurs when the program does not find the adapter which is used by the virtual network.

I tried, but the result is the same! Is there enything to set up first?

rigoriga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the new update has decreased the Homepass hits, or the service needs some cleaning. I've only been getting at most 3 recently. I usually get six on my stock ddwrt router, as is the default.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a way to run a homepass router behind another router to avoid interruption of web connectivity when the mac cycles?
like this:
(modem)-----(Household router)-----(homepass router)
works great. but I use spillpassPi as my homepass router.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have many different types of HomePass long ago. Today I set it up again on a dual band DD-WRT router set to Wireless Repeater mode. The good news is I'm getting street passes again and all I need to do is plug the router into an outlet, no other cables needed.

Bad news is I'm seeing the same reduction in passes that rigoriga is:
Looks like the new update has decreased the Homepass hits, or the service needs some cleaning. I've only been getting at most 3 recently. I usually get six on my stock ddwrt router, as is the default.

My first pass was 4, then 3, then 1, then 0, then 1 again and it kinda stopped on 9/10 like it usually does. Not too big of a deal, just makes it take a little longer.

D

Deleted User

I am a little bit busy because of my exams but I made a new version of NbaHomePass, I fixed some bugs and added a new Nintendo Zone (want to get Mew in Europe?).

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a little bit busy because of my exams but I made a new version of NbaHomePass, I fixed some bugs and added a new Nintendo Zone (want to get Mew in Europe?).

I'm using your program, the virtual network is being created and is connected the main network, my 3DS also shows "Internet" even with no networks saved. However i'm not receiving any streetpasses at all. Whats the issue here? I heard people before fixed it with static ip and dns but I don't know how

if it helps I have a mac address white list setup on my router

eviljin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got this problem after execute the code on ddwrt router?

Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)
nvram lock, waiting....
starting nzone

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about homepass. I'm using the Windows method and nzone.exe. It works ok, but I seem to keep passing the same people over and over. Mostly Europeans and I'm in the US. I've been trying to get Yo-kai watch streetpasses for Pandanoko, but haven't got any Yo-kai passes at all yet. A couple people had the game as last played, but apparently they don't have streetpass enabled in it.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to change it so I can pass different people?

Genos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nbahomepass stopped working for me. When I start the program I get the following message:

.::NbaHomePass version 1.0 - Developed by Nba_Yoh::.

and nothing. I tried downloading the latest version to see if that would help, but when I run that one it says "This app can't run on your PC" in a windows prompt.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nbahomepass stopped working for me. When I start the program I get the following message:

.::NbaHomePass version 1.0 - Developed by Nba_Yoh::.

and nothing. I tried downloading the latest version to see if that would help, but when I run that one it says "This app can't run on your PC" in a windows prompt.

I'm trying nbahomepass now myself. Version 2.0 is out now, so you should use that. Though it's not much better than nzone for me. I'm still getting passes from the same people in Europe. Does the connections these homepass programs make depend on the MAC address list they cycle through? Is there a BASE256.txt that has more US connections and passes that I should be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?