Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depending on the Version it's either:

Realtek RTL8188EUS (for TL-WN725N v2)
Realtek RTL8188CUS (for TL-WN725N v1)

I have no idea how to setup a proper non-hostednetwork SoftAP for them...
Let me download the driver and take a look into it.

===============================

Did the Driver for you come with a progam called "REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Utility"?
IF your adapter happens to be an 8188EU, you can turn it into a SoftAp, if i read this correctly:

Code:
[UI Config]
ICS_Page_SHOW="1"
MACfilterPage_SHOW="0"
AP_Mode_ENABLE="1"
AP_Mode_WPA_PSK_ENABLE="1"
WPA2_ENABLE="1"
AP_WPA2_ENABLE="1"
WDS_AP_Mode_ENABLE="0"
RT_SET_ENABLE="0"
802_1X_SHOW="1"
Link_ANY_ENABLE="1"
Concurrent_Mode_ENABLE="0"

So you only have to turnoff WPA and WPA2 for that wireless and have it set to open.
Use the open connection with the SSID attwifi or NZ@McD1 , I prefer attwifi, though.
Since that program will handle the connection, you have to use a different MAC switching program and figure out,
on which adapter the 3DS connects, so you can properly share the internet connection.
And you will have to figure out on which apdater you have to change the MAC,
but if I think based on my experience, you can change the MAC on the hardware, so it gets copied over.

I hope this "AP" doesn't really use hostednetwork behind the scenes for it -.-

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Depending on the Version it's either:

Realtek RTL8188EUS (for TL-WN725N v2)
Realtek RTL8188CUS (for TL-WN725N v1)

I have no idea how to setup a proper non-hostednetwork SoftAP for them...
Let me download the driver and take a look into it.

===============================

Did the Driver for you come with a progam called "REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Utility"?
IF your adapter happens to be an 8188EU, you can turn it into a SoftAp, if i read this correctly:

Code:
[UI Config]
ICS_Page_SHOW="1"
MACfilterPage_SHOW="0"
AP_Mode_ENABLE="1"
AP_Mode_WPA_PSK_ENABLE="1"
WPA2_ENABLE="1"
AP_WPA2_ENABLE="1"
WDS_AP_Mode_ENABLE="0"
RT_SET_ENABLE="0"
802_1X_SHOW="1"
Link_ANY_ENABLE="1"
Concurrent_Mode_ENABLE="0"

So you only have to turnoff WPA and WPA2 for that wireless and have it set to open.
Use the open connection with the SSID attwifi or NZ@McD1 , I prefer attwifi, though.
Since that program will handle the connection, you have to use a different MAC switching program and figure out,
on which adapter the 3DS connects, so you can properly share the internet connection.
And you will have to figure out on which apdater you have to change the MAC,
but if I think based on my experience, you can change the MAC on the hardware, so it gets copied over.

I hope this "AP" doesn't really use hostednetwork behind the scenes for it -.-

Yes I can set up a SoftAp with tplink's software but it doesn't let me change security type. It's set to wpa2-psk by default. I wonder if there's another way to do this?

tplink.jpg

I managed to manually create a SoftAP using windows. But manually it sets the security type wpa-psk2 is there a way to change this?

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it doesn't let you change the security type, if will proably use the hostednetwork behind the scenes...
You could try to edit the 8188EU.ini in the directory of that program and set this to 0:

Code:
AP_Mode_WPA_PSK_ENABLE="0"
AP_WPA2_ENABLE="0"

and restart the program afterwards.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't let you change the security type, if will proably use the hostednetwork behind the scenes...
You could try to edit the 8188EU.ini in the directory of that program and set this to 0:
Code:
AP_Mode_WPA_PSK_ENABLE="0"
AP_WPA2_ENABLE="0"
and restart the program afterwards.
there isn't a file like that. I found a config.ini though. Containing these settings
[GLOBAL]
powerStatus =0
notAskAgain =0
isClosed =0
softAp =0
langId = 1033;
Model = "nicLan"
nicDll = "DC_WFF"
nicGuid={D3AB1BD8-7BE0-4EE8-882E-B0041DCFC977}
[SOFTAP]
ssid =SoftAP
encrypt =ENCRYPT_AES
auth =AUTH_WPA2_PSK
key =1561=07=

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats the path to that config.ini ?

Something like "C:\Program files\Realtek\USB wireless LAN utility"?

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder if that one from the driver I have and yours are the same.
unless its a special custom utility you have there.

Downloading the TP-link one now.. (my PC desktop looks like a driver lab now already)

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if that one from the driver I have and yours are the same.
unless its a special custom utility you have there.

Downloading the TP-link one now.. (my PC desktop looks like a driver lab now already)

When I connect this usb dongle to VMware linux host it sees it as "realtek802.11n"

btw I realized that security setting of the connection set by nzone.exe is wpa2-psk as well.

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I have to sue TP-link lol.

I installed THIS software, it's for the TL-WN725N V2 (which is supposed to be RTL8188EUS ) and what do I get?

A software which folder contents look completely identical to Ralink, but without the ApUI.exe!
There is even the config.ini... let me take a look into this, since TWCU.exe won't run lol

edit the config.ini to :

Code:
[SOFTAP]
ssid =attwifi
encrypt =ENCRYPT_NONE
auth =AUTH_NONE
key =

lets see if this works.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
styxtraveler, danone42 and ALL
Sorry, the server was not available from 21:00 to 04:00 UTC. nzone.exe users did not get streetpasses at all, all other users just skipped one MAC list update.

apoptygma run
crontab -l
if nzone is here, it should work fine if 3DS are able to connect to the AP and get the IP

Yes crontab -l shows * * * * * /usr/local/sbin/nzone BASE256

however : I can't see the SSID when scanning for local wifi networks on any device currently.
Both the wlan0 and mon.wlan0 interfaces show as up and there's no errors in syslog, any other ideas?

danone42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
styxtraveler, danone42 and ALL
Sorry, the server was not available from 21:00 to 04:00 UTC. nzone.exe users did not get streetpasses at all, all other users just skipped one MAC list update.

apoptygma run
crontab -l
if nzone is here, it should work fine if 3DS are able to connect to the AP and get the IP

I still can't use nzone.exe even if the servers are up. I successfully used nzone.exe for a couple of times but recently it stopped. It seems that my 3DS can't connect to the consolenintendo3ds and no packets are being received. The nintendozone glows. I tried rebooting, redownloading the files, and everything. I'm using a windows 8.1 laptop.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm looking in to porting XZone to Android but I can't make any promises. Obviously, XZone for Mac takes preference so I'll only be able to work on an Android build every now and then.
Please fix XZone so it would be impossible to spam to the same MAC whithin the cooldown period. As of now I can't see it is linked.

danone42 if it worked before, just do not touch anything and keep it running.

When I connect this usb dongle to VMware linux host it sees it as "realtek802.11n"
btw I realized that security setting of the connection set by nzone.exe is wpa2-psk as well.
Linux and Windows native methods works differently because Windows can't make virtual AP with no password and password settings is actually linked with SSIDs on 3DS

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Please fix XZone so it would be impossible to spam to the same MAC whithin the cooldown period. As of now I can't see it is linked.

I'll get on to that later today :) At the moment, the minimum cycle rate is 2 minutes (so 8.5 hours total) and due to preference keeping, it resumes from where it previously left off, although I think I need to tweak that to resume with an increment of 1.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have to sue TP-link lol.

I installed THIS software, it's for the TL-WN725N V2 (which is supposed to be RTL8188EUS ) and what do I get?

A software which folder contents look completely identical to Ralink, but without the ApUI.exe!
There is even the config.ini... let me take a look into this, since TWCU.exe won't run lol

edit the config.ini to :

Code:
[SOFTAP]
ssid =attwifi
encrypt =ENCRYPT_NONE
auth =AUTH_NONE
key =

lets see if this works.

Thank you mate. It started to work miraculously !

Reactions: Syphos

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so close now to having this working - I have a proper internet connection on the 3ds when no access points have been configured, it shows as a nintendo zone but I'm not getting any streetpass hits, I believe I have to put the console in sleep mode but how can I do that without passively downloading the update (9.6) as I'm on 9.5 emunand

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm so close now to having this working - I have a proper internet connection on the 3ds when no access points have been configured, it shows as a nintendo zone but I'm not getting any streetpass hits, I believe I have to put the console in sleep mode but how can I do that without passively downloading the update (9.6) as I'm on 9.5 emunand
It will just download it, not install automatically

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I'm having problems again... It was working perfectly last night but today my N3DS can't connect to SoftAP created by nzone.exe at all. Nzone App flashes on my n3ds but I can't connect to internet using this connection but yesterday It was connecting. Also when nzone.exe disables the wifi connection to change the mac adress it can't connect back. Wifi adapter seems enabled but it can't see anyone broadcasting.

Edit 1 : additional info :

Whenever I type nzone.exe start BASE256 I receive this :

Untitled-21.jpg

You see that space between last lines? When It was running properly there wasn't a line like that and now when I type in this command it fails to create macs file on the disk as well. Also it manages to start an hosted network but that network can't connect to anything and there's a red X on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...