Not open for further replies.

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi!

I have W7 method guide 1 working up until successful connection to the internet (so claims the 3DS), but there is no actual internet connection and running MACycle for 8 hours yielded no streetpass. According to the status window for the attwifi virtual miniport, the MAC *is* changing properly, but i suspect the issue here is that the internet is not being shared properly.

Help?

More details available upon request.

EDIT: Internet connection works now, but still no streetpass.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I had homepass working on 12.04 Ubuntu for months. Last week i had to reinstall everything and tried to get homepass to work again using Method 1 for linux.
But the script is changed, It keeps trying to use "wlan0wlan0" instead of wlan0 and when i edit the "etc/init.d/nzone" i see the wlan became wlan0wlan0 and eth0 became eth0eth0 and even the MAC adres is twice in a row.
Another side effect of the double wlan0 (wlan0wlan0) is that it tries to access wlan0wlan0_hostap.conf which obviously not exist and has to be wlan0_hostap.conf.
So the problem is: The script tries to sent a signal through wlan0wlan0 which doesnt exist so the homepass is not working.
I tried to edit the nzone.sh to see if theres anything i can change about it but the character encoding is gibberish and no clue how to make it readable.

Thanx, I found the issue in a linux install script part, will fix a bit later. For now just edit WLINT, WLMAC, EXTINT values in nzone file.

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Did the following:
Windows (VMware) instructions:
Warning: dedicated USB wireless adapter required
- download and install VMware Player
- download and unzip a Homepass preconfigured image (Debian Linux preinstalled)
- plug in wireless adapter
- click on the Homepass.vmx, VMware Player will start virtual machine
- in VMware Player menu select:
Player - Removable Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
- most probably you was not so quick to connect wireless adapter before virtual machine starts, so just hit CTRL+ALT+INSERT to reboot a virtual machine with connected wireless adapter.

Virtual machine default console is tty8 with redirected syslog for easy monitoring. For debugging press ALT+F1 and login with homepass/homepass and run:
modinfo | grep mac80211
Virtual machine is preconfigured to use BASE16,GBATEMP and all country lists. For advanced configuration refer to the Linux script version (see below)

Skipped the debugging step, now what?
ewhl4yW.png

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did the following: Skipped the debugging step, now what?
Have you connected the wireless USB dongle to the VM? If so, now reboot with CTRL+ALT+INSERT and look for the same errors (RFKILL and so). If it persist, then most probably there is no compatible deveice driver in the system, you can only fix that if you have a moderate linux experience.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the Windows (native) method (see page 10) with quite a bit of success on Windows 7. It's very easy to set up. I tried using the BASE256 option, but my laptop seems to have a very hard time switching MAC addresses every 2 minutes, up to the point where I have to restart my computer since it doesn't respond to my actions. Ever since I've been using the slower BASE16 option, where the MAC changes the address every 30 minutes, I haven't had any "freezing" issues.
I'll have to try this.

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, i saw that a USB WiFi adapter could work and yanked the one off my TV.

Maybe I'll have to get a proper one?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bambamthepyro Toxxysko Any Linux-compatible adapter should work, but if you can't handle the driver installation, the only way to get which is the right one that have a compatible preinstalled driver is to try.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been some time since I last tried homepassing, since it has been a frustration to me. Now I need to do it to get some Secret Bases in Pokémon Omega Ruby and tried the nzone.exe method once again, again with no luck :\ just what is happening...

Refund

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
miiverse.nintendo.net
XP
Country
Ive tried and Ive tried, I have read and I have read.
Factory defaulted my DD-WRT router about 15 times.
Was Hoping that I could do this without any help, but alas,
Can someone help me please?

I would like to Cycle Mac Addresses using my DD-WRT Router!

Router A (My ISP Router)
DHCP Server from 192.168.0.3 > 192.168.0.254
Channel 11

Router B (DIR-615, D4)
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std
(SVN revision 21061)
##Factory Default##
Connected by WAN from Router A by Ethernet
192.168.1.1 (Sometimes try to set as 192.168.0.2)
Gateway 8.8.8.8
Channel 6

I'm connected to Router A by Wireless.

Here is what I CAN do.

I CAN activate 'Clone Wireless MAC' and type in a Mac Address manually, and it does pick up the street pass.

When I go to Administration > Commands and run:
'wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP'
I get this result back: Under (Startup):

echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nURL=http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?\nMACS=/tmp/\${0##*/}.macs\nSPDELAY=480\nMACNUM=0\nsetwl (){\n ifconfig \$WLINT down hw ether \$1 up\n}\ncase \"\$1\" in\nstart)\n echo starting \${0##*/}>&2\n;;\nstop)\n echo stopping \${0##*/}>&2\n setwl \$WLMAC \$WLSSID\n;;\ntoggle)\n if \$(\$0 status); then\n \$0 stop\n else\n \$0 start\n fi\n;;\nrestart)\n \$0 stop\n \$0 start\n;;\nreload|force-reload)\n echo \${0##*/} MAC lists reloaded>&2\n rm -f \$MACS\n;;\nstatus)\n if \$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep \$0 | grep -qe '^#'); then\n echo \${0##*/} is not running>&2\n exit 1\n else\n echo \${0##*/} is running>&2\n exit 0\n fi\n;;\n*)\n [ -f \$MACS ] && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=\$(((\$(date +%s)-\$(date -r \$MACS +%s))/60))\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=\$(wget -q -O - \$URL\$1)\n [ \$(echo -n \"\$NEWMACS\" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo \"\$NEWMACS\" > \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri \"s/^x//\" \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l)\n MACTOTAL=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ \$MACTOTAL -lt \$SPDELAY ] && [ \${DELAY:-\$SPDELAY} -lt \$((\$SPDELAY/\$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit\n RANDOM=\$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | sed -r \"s/^([0-9]+ +0{0,4})+//\")\n MAC=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | head -n \$((\$RANDOM%\${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)\n sed -ri \"s/^\$MAC/x&/\" \$MACS\n SSID=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 2 -s)\n MAC=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 1)\n : \${SSID:=\$WLSSID}\n setwl \$MAC \$SSID\n;;\nesac\n" > /tmp/nzone; mkdir -p /tmp/etc/config; echo -e "#!/bin/sh\n/tmp/nzone toggle\n" > /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton; chmod +x /tmp/nzone /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton

Does this mean it worked? (I also used telnet and it did a 100% Starting Nzone command back at me, whilst entering the above into the same part (Startup)

If i use the wget -O line, do i have to enable Mac Clone for it to work?

The MAC address stays the same on DD-WRT's Info.htm page

Sorry for the long post.

Any questions, I will be happy to respond.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you connected the wireless USB dongle to the VM? If so, now reboot with CTRL+ALT+INSERT and look for the same errors (RFKILL and so). If it persist, then most probably there is no compatible deveice driver in the system, you can only fix that if you have a moderate linux experience.

HOw do I find out the USB info again?

I logged in with alt+f1, root/notforall, lsusb , ifconfig, ctrl+alt+ins.

11.jpg
12.jpg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Router = DLink DIR-615 D4

CPU Model
Ralink RT3052 id:1 rev:3

Im guessing this is why I cant get the MAC Cycle to work using the script.

Is there any other scripts that will work to automate using my router?
Ralink drivers requires full router restart to change the MAc, this needs nvram write each time. With frequentvwrites you just wear out the router flash chip and it will brick in time.

Refund

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
miiverse.nintendo.net
XP
Country
Ralink drivers requires full router restart to change the MAc, this needs nvram write each time. With frequentvwrites you just wear out the router flash chip and it will brick in time.

I managed to get a cycle going on router, using a Cron Jobs with a randomized MAC Cycle. (And its working like a charm)!!!! Celebrations !!!! Ive never seen my Green Streetpass Light shine so much in my life.
Just a quick question about security.....

I put a MAC Filter on the DD-WRT Router with the mac addresses for my:

• Main Router
  • Wireless Adapter
  • LAN Adapter
  • 3DS
  • Wii U

Does this mean that only these mac addresses can connect to the DD-WRT Router?
(Block neighbors from getting free internet)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Refund It will work but don't be surprised if one day router stops responding. It may take years or days though. Just FYI

Bambamthepyro you must follow the instructions provided with the driver, in most cases it is a readme file

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok NZone.exe is no longer working.

I keep getting error code: 003-1105 when trying to access Nintendo zone.

I've stopped the connection reloaded and started again. Using BASE16 & BASE256 and still nothing.

I can see the Nintendo Zone is avaliable then it stops flashing then the internet icon switches to Streetpass, and then it connects again saying Nintendo zone is available....and repeat.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids