Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Go into the properties page for the usb wireless adaptor and head to the sharing tab. In the sharing tab tick the box next to "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Then under the drop down menu under "Home networking connection" select "Wireless Network Connection 4" and click ok.

Now check the status page of the hotspot to see if next to "IPv4 Connectivity" it shows that it has internet access and see what the mac address is this time.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Try applying the macshift command to the hotspot itself.

i.e, use this command

Code:
macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection 4" 4E53504F4F46

Then start the hotspot connection

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Check to see if there is anywhere under the device manager properties page for both the usb wireless adaptor and hotspot itself to set the mac address. Also if the usb adaptor came with any software you can check there as well.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
People have been able to set this up using a wireless connection but yeah try it on a wired computer to see if it works there.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
So if there's no setting for WLAN MAC change the router's no good for me?

Looks like my specific model isn't DD-WRT compatible...
Unfortunately you'll have to use another method.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:
Im making a kind of FAQ and if anyone had a problem and found the solution please PM me with a question and a anwser, so we can help more people
ALSO if you have any guide and want it on the front page PM me to.

Stormwolf64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In the appartment where i live i only have access to wireless so i have a USB wireless adapter. Is it in some way possible to work this out with vmware or something else?

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
In the appartment where i live i only have access to wireless so i have a USB wireless adapter. Is it in some way possible to work this out with vmware or something else?
no you always need 2 internet adapters. Some users report that you dont need on the windows method but not for everyone.

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having a problem being stuck at 9 Miis waiting in your plaza? I still can't get anyone for ALBW and my Mii Plaza will not accept more than 9, regardless if I cycle 2 or 10 MACs. I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling ALBW and toggling StreetPass activation. I'm seriously about to throw this thing in the garbage because StreetPass was the big selling factor for us.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having a problem being stuck at 9 Miis waiting in your plaza? I still can't get anyone for ALBW and my Mii Plaza will not accept more than 9, regardless if I cycle 2 or 10 MACs. I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling ALBW and toggling StreetPass activation. I'm seriously about to throw this thing in the garbage because StreetPass was the big selling factor for us.

You might actually be hitting 10, and getting someone twice. That happens to me a lot.

There's one douche from Spain I hit almost every time, no matter what MAC address I try, no matter which unit I use.

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might actually be hitting 10, and getting someone twice. That happens to me a lot.

There's one douche from Spain I hit almost every time, no matter what MAC address I try, no matter which unit I use.
What about the other 30 people from the subsequent MACs? I've even started randomizing them - choose a prime, choose a personal, choose an extended prime...

I mean, I've been capping out at exactly 9 for a week, HomePass or true StreetPass. If I had some 8s or 10s in there, OK, maybe. But it is exactly 9 every time.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry to bug in but i was wondering your guide for linux ubuntu for homepass. does the same guide apply if i ran linux mint lets say in virtualbox on my windows 8.1?
Yes, if you can get your hands on dnsmasq and hostapd on mint, although I never managed to connect my usb wifi to the vm it never detects it maybe I need to update my vb

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the other 30 people from the subsequent MACs? I've even started randomizing them - choose a prime, choose a personal, choose an extended prime...

I mean, I've been capping out at exactly 9 for a week, HomePass or true StreetPass. If I had some 8s or 10s in there, OK, maybe. But it is exactly 9 every time.
I'll have to shut off the wifi on all but one unit and see what I can do after a cycle. I seem to hit multiples of the same people even when doing random MACs, though, especially the douche from Spain (and one or two from Japan at times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY