Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Open your network connections window and you should see your usb wireless adaptor listed as well as a your wireless hotspot. Take a note of what they are both called as you will need that information later on.

Now download macshift (http://devices.natetrue.com/macshift/macshift.zip) and unzip the contents to a folder on your computer. In the command prompt window navigate to the folder then enter the following command.

Code:
macshift -i "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME" "macaddress"

Replace "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME" with the name of your usb wireless adaptor as listed under the network connections window. Leave the quotation marks around the name.
Replace "macaddress" with one of the mac addresses in the list of streetpass relays. For now we will just use 4E53504F4F46

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
You will need to navigate to the folder you extracted the contents of the zip file to in the command prompt window first before using the machshift command.

i.e. If you extracted the contents of the zip file to a folder on your desktop then the path should look like this - C:\Users\Sue\Desktop\HomePass

Also the macshift command that you will need to use in your case is

Code:
macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection 3" 4E53504F4F46

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the following command to change the path in the command prompt window so that it points to that folder.

Code:
cd Desktop/HomePass

The text before the ">" should now read "C:\Users\Sue\Desktop\HomePass"

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
In the command prompt window after "C:\Users\Sue>" you just need to put in "cd Desktop/Homepass" so the line in command prompt will look like this before you press enter

Code:
C:\Users\Sue>cd Desktop/Homepass

Then after you press enter the new line that appears should be this

Code:
C:\Users\Sue\Desktop\Homepass>

Then use the macshift command that I posted earlier to set the mac address for the hotspot

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the picture you posted earlier your usb wireless adaptor is called "Wireless Network Connection 3" unless you renamed it to "Wi-Fi"?

smwwt5.jpg

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Now enter the following command into the command prompt window

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Then check to see that icon in the network connections window for the wireless hotspot (i.e. "Wireless Network Connection 4" in your case) no longer has that red cross and you can see the SSID of attwifi on it.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
On the status window for the wireless hostpot click on "details" and check that the MAC address (i.e. Physical Address) that it is using is the same as the one you set.

If it is the same then on your 3DS go into "system settings", "internet settings" and then "connection settings". In here add an entry for the wireless hotspot you have created, then run the connection test to make sure that you can connect to the internet via the hotspot.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Run the macshift command again exactly as i have listed below, make sure that you don't put any quotation marks around the mac address

Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46

Then enable the hotspot again and check the mac address.

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place