Status
Not open for further replies.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
can somebody help me with an WRT solution for a WR941ND v5 ?

The DD-Wrt does support this router, but they made a mess when explaining the damn thing, and it seems if i use the wrong firmware out of 2, i have 100% chance of bricking my router

Any other ways to "use a specific MAC address for WLAN" (that´s what i understand out of everything)?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can somebody help me with an WRT solution for a WR941ND v5 ?

The DD-Wrt does support this router, but they made a mess when explaining the damn thing, and it seems if i use the wrong firmware out of 2, i have 100% chance of bricking my router

Any other ways to "use a specific MAC address for WLAN" (that´s what i understand out of everything)?

I don't wish to tell you the best way to do it and get it wrong, as it's best to understand more than just follow directions, but this is a link to a very current discussion of putting DD-WRT on a stock WR941ND V5 http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=172673
Good luck.

meccs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can connect to the nintendo zone but it just says "Coming soon! and shows a page "What is Nintendo Zone"". Is NZ not available in Germany yet?

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I have sucessuflly managed to get Ubuntu new script to work. But it only has 6 spoofs. Has anyone tried to add spoofs there? Share the code please if you did.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I have sucessuflly managed to get Ubuntu new script to work. But it only has 6 spoofs. Has anyone tried to add spoofs there? Share the code please if you did.
Have a look at the first post, i have updated it with an automatic script.

So to everyone who uses ubuntu test this script please, and thanks again to duke_srg for making the ubuntu way more easy.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I only can have Live USB Ubunty and I tried that script and unfortunately it does not work for me. It has some trouble with permissions and fails to install. I tried several distros, but no go.
The reason why I asked about that somebunny script is after a week of trial and error it was the only thing that 100% worked.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I only can have Live USB Ubunty and I tried that script and unfortunately it does not work for me. It has some trouble with permissions and fails to install. I tried several distros, but no go.
The reason why I asked about that somebunny script is after a week of trial and error it was the only thing that 100% worked.
Have you run the commands with sudo? Please post the error

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Have you run the commands with sudo? Please post the error
Thanks for your help.

UPD:
Code:
sudo /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP
worked, you should correct your guide.
Sorry for your time and trouble. Gonna test it and edit the message if it works.
UPD 2: received first 6 SPs. Will find out if in works further than that.
UPD 3: works like a charm, tired of playing Streetpass games already.

Reactions: dicamarques

Pogostick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't think my parents will allow me to fiddle around with my Internet settings. So what do I then? :(

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I really need some help here if possible. I've been trying to get Homepass working for days now to no avail. I can't seem to figure out the issue here. I get it set up, my 3DS recognizes the signal and connects..yet I receive no streetpasses. I'll walk you through my process step by step with pictures and hope someone can maybe help me work this out.

1. Virtual Router is installed
2n3t60.png

2. Macshift is installed in C:\
35a24xi.png

3. Using Administrator CMD, type "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow"
wcejde.png

4. Still using CMD, type "macshift -i Wi-Fi 4E53504F4F46"
2a9sk7q.png

5. Open Virtual Router and set it up using SSID of attwifi and share the ethernet connection
55jdjc.png

6. ?????
z3llk.jpg

7. FAIL
1z1gsuo.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 x64
My network card is an on board Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

Edit: Slight update. I've also tried using the CMD to host the network directly instead of using the Virtual Router, also no luck. I decided to see if it was my network card, so I went out and bought a USB Wifi Adapter and that doesn't work either. I can change the MAC manually in Device Manager and I can see the address change if I use any cycler program, but no matter what MAC it changes to, I just don't receive any streetpasses. I have my laptop running off of a wired ethernet connection. I have the USB adapter named Wi-Fi (for the cycler) and disconnected from any connections. Finally, I have my virtual port named attwifi, linked to my ethernet through the sharing properties. My 3DS is connected to this one and Nintendo Zone lights up with the browser working as well. But in the end..nothing seems to work at all.

Reactions: octopus

ryguy5254

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please help me. I've tried both the Android way, and the Windows 7 one, and I still cannot get any street passes.

I'll start with the Android.
-Rooted Galaxy Nexus, running 3.3 Wifi Tether.
-Followed these directions:

1. Install: wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk
2. start the app
3. Go to Settings and
3.a) change Device Profile to: Auto
3.b) change Setup-Method to: Auto
3.c) change SSID to: attwifi
3.d) check on Mac Address Spoof
3.e) Change Mac address to one of the list found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true
3.f) check Wifi-driver reload and Wifi-driver reload 2
4. Go back, tab on the Wifi. Now you have Streetpass relay.

-My 3DS does connect to the phone, it shows that it is connected to the internet, and I can browse the internet using the browser.
-It also shows that there is a Nintendo Zone nearby.
-However, I close my 3DS and wait a few minutes, but still no streetpasses.

For the Windows 7/laptop
-I have the laptop connected via wired, and the wireless connection free.
-I managed to create a virtual router and have the 3DS connect to it, similar to the above.
-However, the virtual router renames itself in the Network Connections folder as seen from this post/image.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/homepass-chaldrons-mac-cycler-for-windows.352935/page-13#post-4833661
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/attwifi2-jpg.5175/
-The 3DS does connect to the virtual router and online, but there aren't any streetpasses that come up.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see I'm not the only one connected but not getting streetpasses. I'm still awaiting a fix. However I can fix your naming issue as I had the same issue and found out why. Go to start and type regedit. In the registry, go to edit and click find. Search for attwifi. It will find a folder, delete it. Then search again and repeat. Delete every trace of attwifi. After it is all gone, do the router again and it will be fixed.

Reactions: ryguy5254

ryguy5254

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see I'm not the only one connected but not getting streetpasses. I'm still awaiting a fix. However I can fix your naming issue as I had the same issue and found out why. Go to start and type regedit. In the registry, go to edit and click find. Search for attwifi. It will find a folder, delete it. Then search again and repeat. Delete every trace of attwifi. After it is all gone, do the router again and it will be fixed.

Thank you. This fixed the naming problem.

However, the streetpass problem is still there. I also tried with my brothers regular 3DS (I have the XL), and its the same issue with the Android, and the W7 way.

We are able to streetpass with each other, but even when were connected to the Android and the Laptop, we are only able to connect to the internet, but not receive any streetpass relays from the spoofed mac addresses.

Could there be a problem where the MAC addresses are not really being spoofed?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original problem was that no matter what I did, the MAC address of my on board card would revert back to the default. I think the MAC was hardcoded. So I went out and got a cheap USB adapter and that one changes just fine. So I solved that issue..but still no streetpass. So maybe check and make sure yours doesn't change back after?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone please help me. I've tried both the Android way, and the Windows 7 one, and I still cannot get any street passes.

I'll start with the Android.
-Rooted Galaxy Nexus, running 3.3 Wifi Tether.
-Followed these directions:

1. Install: wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk
2. start the app
3. Go to Settings and
3.a) change Device Profile to: Auto [ Change profile to Google Nexus S ]
3.a½) Send Netd Max Client to Cmd. (Try first with it activated and if it does not work try de-activate it)
3.b) change Setup-Method to: Auto
3.c) change SSID to: attwifi
3.d) check on Mac Address Spoof
3.e) Change Mac address to one of the list found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true
3.f) check Wifi-driver reload and Wifi-driver reload 2
4. Go back, tab on the Wifi. Now you have Streetpass relay.

-My 3DS does connect to the phone, it shows that it is connected to the internet, and I can browse the internet using the browser.
-It also shows that there is a Nintendo Zone nearby.
-However, I close my 3DS and wait a few minutes, but still no streetpasses.

Check bold edit^

Also you might have to downgrade your phone to android version 4.1.2 (does not seem to work on 4.3 or 4.4 roms, didn't test 4.2.2) Seems they made some changes to how mac addresses are stored(or even encrypted) in later versions of android.

Also make sure Routing fix is checked.

Hope it helped =)

ryguy5254

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

First off, I tried changing the profile to Google Nexus S. No results. Or rather, still no streetpasses.
I then changed it to Galaxy Nexus (LTE/CDMA), and same results.
I also checked and unchecked the Netd Max Client, and made sure that the routing fix is checked (and unchecked). Nothing.

My android version is actually 4.0.4 so I don't think I need to downgrade.

Please send other suggestions that you could think of, I do have a spare linksys router, but I'll need to daisy chain it to the main router, I don't want to have to go to that.

My main router is able to create a guest network, will I be able to create a guest network with spoofed MAC addresses you think?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies.

First off, I tried changing the profile to Google Nexus S. No results. Or rather, still no streetpasses.
I then changed it to Galaxy Nexus (LTE/CDMA), and same results.
I also checked and unchecked the Netd Max Client, and made sure that the routing fix is checked (and unchecked). Nothing.

My android version is actually 4.0.4 so I don't think I need to downgrade.

Please send other suggestions that you could think of, I do have a spare linksys router, but I'll need to daisy chain it to the main router, I don't want to have to go to that.

My main router is able to create a guest network, will I be able to create a guest network with spoofed MAC addresses you think?

Hmm try the generic & ICB/JB generic profiles too.

The reason you get internet but no spotpass data means that the mac address change failed.

Also try go to settings -> data -> spotpass and delete the spotpass for your games, then launch each game again and re-activate the spotpass.
I had to do this to get bravely default spotpass to work. (but that might be because I played the demo first and the demo maybe created a broken spotpass profile?)

ryguy5254

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the generic profiles and nothing.
I've also deleted spotpass data, but the only one I care about is the streetpass Mii data, so I deleted that.

I found my old WRT54G v.6 which is compatible with dd-wrt, so I'll need to install that first, then figure out how to connect the WRT54G to my main router (NetGear r6300). Could someone point me to the right direction on how to do the latter part? I've been looking online, but its hard to look for something if I don't know what I'm looking for. Do I want the Linksys router just as an Access Point or another network?

So confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong