• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
1.jpg
What router do you use? And AFAIK, you don't need to do there anything. You have to spoof Wireless LAN (WLAN, not WAN) MAC. If there's no option like that, give DD-WRT a try! ;)

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
now that the Streetpass Week has ended... I stopped getting NA Passes... lol all EU (and my unit is an NA unit) lol
I'm trying to get Puerto Rico!!

Mµvh773

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again, my Streetpass relay is now working :)but my nzone.exe is always deleted when I enable Avast whereas I added the folder and the file to the exceptions in the settings. The download site is also blocked whereas I added the URL to the exceptions. I can disable Avast each time I use the relay but it's annoying and not secured. Does anyone know how to do ? Thanks !
Edit : other files than nzone.exe are not affected.
Edit 2 : I added the file/directory to file agent exceptions in the advanced settings but it still deletes it :angry:

MjnMixael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the latest firmware update support Homepass still? (The one that came out like a week and a half ago on N3DS.) I haven't updated yet, because I at least want to finish the new Streetpass games first. :)

Mµvh773

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the latest firmware update support Homepass still? (The one that came out like a week and a half ago on N3DS.) I haven't updated yet, because I at least want to finish the new Streetpass games first. :)
I have the latest firmware update too and Homepass works with this tutorial for Windows 7/8 :yaynds:

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up having to reinstall Windows over the weekend, and now I'm getting a different error when I try to run nzone.exe: "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found". Do I need to manually set up the hostednetwork stuff like I had in the past (before the 9.3 update)?

I also haven't been having any luck with the Android methods. wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk tells me it "started with errors" and to check the log, but the log file doesn't exist, so I can't see what error it had. And then the wlan0 device no longer shows up in iplink until I reboot the phone. I tried both the "Generic wlan0" profile and the "Samsung Galaxy S4" profile, but both give the same message.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm back to square one. Finally played around inside my router. The mac address can't be spoofed or changed.
found out it has a Realtek chipset.

Gotta figure out how to get my android back to Kitkat.

wantsallthesepasses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder where the developer to Nzone is, that thing needs to be seriously looked at.

It requires too much babysitting.

It shouldn't break every 15 minutes.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I wonder where the developer to Nzone is, that thing needs to be seriously looked at.

You have to remember, projects like nzone.exe and XZone are hobby projects. We don't get paid to work on these so our real jobs obviously come first. I can't speak for duke_srg, but I know that I get very little time to work on XZone.

XZone is easier to manage than nzone.exe because I know that the Mac ecosystem is pretty standard. If it works on my machine, then there are very few factors that could cause it to fail on another. The Windows ecosystem, however, is so damn diverse in terms of both hardware and software that it's impossible to build a program that will run flawlessly on every machine.

And of course, you're more than welcome to spend your own free time developing an alternative for nzone.exe if it's not working for you. ;)

Brewzip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has someone succeed in using homepass on 9.4 using a password protected network?
Before the end of 2014, I was able to use homepass with my WPA2 protected network, using firmware 9.0-9.2 and SID "NintendoSpotpass5".
I haven't used homepass since a few months. Today I've tested it and it didn't work. The only difference is that now I have tested it on 9.4 emuNAND.
However, that SID is yet in this list, it should work http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/3ds_nzonehotspots.php?version=v16386
I've tested NZ@McD1 without password and it works, but I need one that enable password protection.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I made it the universal way, all the troubles are from windows drivers developers not following recommendations. I physically can't check every and each hardware and driver pair. If you have a serious problem and can't find the solution in the thread, you should use PM. This thread is huge mostly just because I solved a number of user problems in it.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I made it the universal way, all the troubles are from windows drivers developers not following recommendations. I physically can't check every and each hardware and driver pair. If you have a serious problem and can't find the solution in the thread, you should use PM. This thread is huge mostly just because I solved a number of user problems in it.
who should we pm?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up having to reinstall Windows over the weekend, and now I'm getting a different error when I try to run nzone.exe: "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found". Do I need to manually set up the hostednetwork stuff like I had in the past (before the 9.3 update)?

I think I solved this issue. It seems that I forgot to run the command prompt as Administrator. I can now run maccheck and nzone.vbs/exe again, but I still can't get the HomePasses to work.

nzone.vbs seems to set up the SSID to be NZ@McD1, which is required to have no encryption (as far as my understanding goes).
nzone.exe seems to set up the SSID to be ConsoleNintendo3DS, though I don't know what key it uses.

I seem to have gotten some street passes for the first time (since the 9.3 changes) just now while typing this, though I don't know why it worked now when it never did before. I had been trying to set it up manually using the information from http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/3ds_nzonehotspots.php?version=v16386 , and I read somewhere (that I can't find now) that SSID "NintendoSpotPass3" and key "nintendozone" worked, so I had set that up with netsh commands before the most recent attempt at using nzone.exe. That might be related. It also seems like only one of the two 3DS systems I'm testing it with received passes, and again I don't know why.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@TyphinNintendoSpotPass3 do not have a key and key "nintendozone". The only reason you've got streetpasses is nzone.exe worked as it should.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TyphinNintendoSpotPass3 do not have a key and key "nintendozone". The only reason you've got streetpasses is nzone.exe worked as it should.
I apologize if I'm being a bother. A large part of my issue is that I don't seem to understand the requirements to make a functioning HomePass relay, or understand exactly what nzone.exe actually does. So I feel like all I can do is post what I'm doing, and what results I observe. That said, I do want to thank you for making the tool available even if I am having issues with it, and if there is anything I can do to help, I would be glad to.

After getting the streetpasses, I left nzone running for a while, and found that only one out of three 3DS systems received streetpasses. (Mine, running 9.7 emuNand, received the passes. Roommate A running 9.7 sysNand did not, and roommate B running an unknown older system version did not either.) After leaving it running for around an hour, I noticed that the hosted network was not present at all. Stopping and starting nzone.exe gave the "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found" message again.

I used netsh to set mode to allow and start the hostednetwork, leaving the other settings left in place intact, but while the 3DS sees a Nintendo Zone, attempting to use the Nintendo Zone app gives the error code 003-1105 (Unable to communicate with access point). I'm unclear as to whether this is the expected result. I also received no streetpasses with this setup.

I stopped the hosted network, and attempted to run nzone.exe again, but it froze without starting the network. If I press Ctrl+C to stop it, the hostednetwork is set to Disallowed again, resulting in the "No compatible interface" message again. Setting it to Allowed and trying to run nzone.exe causes it to freeze each time.

I still don't understand what it is I'm doing wrong, or what other steps I can try in order to gather more information. If there is anything I can provide to help, please let me know. Also, thank you for staying in the thread and posting.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Typhin
First, any 3DS with firmware 9+ must not have any connections configured with Nintedo Zone SSIDs, otherwise it won't receive streetpasses from the relay.
Second, try to run
Code:
nzone.exe start BASE16
nzone.exe reload
That will enforce BASE 16 list with 30 minutes mac change delay. So several times with 30 minutes delay check:
- that nzone task in Windows task sheduler last run time was less than 30 menutes from now
- that the run result is 0
- that BSSID (wireless MAC) is really changing with
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Third, in case you received "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found", most probably the driver is stuck. To workaround that:
- run
Code:
nzone.exe stop
- open default (internet) connection and toggle (disable/enable/disable) Internet Connection Sharing
- run
Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow
You may have Access Point running but inaccessible whithin 1 hour after fail because the key exchange with the server was interrupted in the middle of the process.

Reactions: Typhin

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The systems are set up to not have the NZ SSID in the connections list. For testing purposes, I also removed the normal network connection, in an attempt to force them to look for and find the HomePass relay.

I think something might have happened to the wireless card's driver somehow. When I was following your instructions, nzone locked up again (task was not scheduled), so I pressed Ctrl+C, and trying to rerun it gave me the "No compatible interface" message. When I disabled ICS, the wireless adapter disappeared from the Network Connections list completely. So I restarted the computer, and the card was showing an error in Device Manager. I uninstalled it, checked the box to delete the driver, then used the "Update Driver" option to reinstall it, and it reappeared.

>nzone start BASE16
No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found

>nzone stop
Hosted network not started

(Ethernet connection's sharing was already disabled from before. Enabled, shared with main wireless connection. Disabled.)

>netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
The hosted network stopped.

>netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow
The hosted network mode has been set to disallow.

>nzone start BASE16
No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found

At this point, I've observed the following behavior:
If the hosted network is set to Disallowed, nzone will not run.
If the hosted network is set to Allowed, nzone will hang after setting it to Disallowed.
If the hosted network is set to Allowed, started with netsh, the wireless card's mac manually set, sharing enabled, then nzone will clear the mac address, set the hosted network to Disallowed, and hang.

I'm not really too worried about cycling mac addresses. If I could set it up manually, I'd be perfectly happy either changing macs manually or just leaving it on one and only getting passes once every eight hours. If I set the SSID/key for the hosted network, I can connect to it just fine, so I don't know what the difference is. The freezing behavior is new, but I'm suspecting there's something going on that isn't nzone's fault, but I'm not sure where to start tracking that down.

I'd run Maccheck before, but when I tried to run it just now so I could provide its output (in case it could be useful), it caused the entire computer to hard lock, further pointing at a problem outside of nzone. After restarting the computer, it ran without issue and gave the following output:
Broadcom,Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter,PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_70011799&REV_03\4&2B4059EA&0&28A4,BCM43XX

Maccheck changed the SSID to "maccheck", so I tried setting SSID/key to something so I could verify that I'm still able to connect to the hosted network and that it's being properly shared. Setting it to "Testtesttest"/"testTESTtest" allowed me to connect, have a successful connection test, and access the eShop without issues. Trying to run nzone.exe again caused it to hang, with the SSID unchanged. So the hang happens before that step.

----

Okay, new information. It hadn't been giving me any messages before, but on a whim, I disabled my antivirus again, and nzone.exe ran successfully.
>netsh wlan show hostednetwork

Hosted network settings
-----------------------
Mode : Allowed
SSID name : "ConsoleNintendo3DS"
Max number of clients : 100
Authentication : WPA2-Personal
Cipher : CCMP

Hosted network status
---------------------
BSSID : 4e:53:50:4f:4f:45
Radio type : 802.11g
Channel : 11
Number of clients : 1
34:af:2c:fd:5f:4a Authenticated

34:af:2c:f8:93:95 is Roommate A's 3DS, 9c:e6:35:73:88:0b is my 3DS, both of which have gotten Streetpasses just now, so I'm assuming it was Roommate B's that I caught connected. So it seems the problem has been the antivirus all along. I'm going to leave the fumbling at the start of the post intact so that if anyone else is running into the same issue, they might be able to find it.

The antivirus in question is BitDefender Free Edition. I'd previously used Avast before reinstalling windows, but after the reinstall it started popping up ads, so I had switched. I'm not familiar enough with this program yet to figure out how to add an exception so it stops blocking and causing issues with nzone.exe, but once I get that figured out, I'll post with the information. I'll also be leaving the antivirus off for a while to see how things continue to act.

Thank you again for your help, and your hard work in making this program.

Edit: I was unable to add an exclusion in BitDefender Free Antivirus. It seems the only way to do so is to have it flag a file as a virus, and then from the quarantine report, right-click the file and add it that way. Since it wasn't flagging nzone.exe itself, just blocking certain actions, it wasn't showing up in the report. With the antivirus disabled, HomePass and nzone.exe worked perfectly. I've installed AVG Free, and set an exception in it for nzone.exe, and HomePass is still working properly. Hopefully this will help anyone else who's having problems.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I'm back after being away for so long.

I can see that the method I made for Windows 7 & 8.1 is (pardon the pun) totally out the Window.

So I thought I'd have a crack at trying to Homepass with a router using DD-WRT, and if I have no luck i'll try NZone.

I found an old NETGEAR router WGR614-6VGUKS using the DD-WRT website it seems to be compatible....not to sure.

Trouble is i've never flashed a router, anyone got any links to a video for it....Sorry about the n00bish question...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021