• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Deathslayer Other lists contain a hardware assigned MAC addresses which can't be set in windows because of a driver restrictions. Macshift just sets registry key with the MAC and restarts adapter, it takes no care about the real MAC set by the driver after that operation.

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
duke_srg VM runned all this night, no streetpass... I spent too much time on it, I thought it was easier. I'll create my own VM with VirtualBox and see if I can get this working. Thanks anyway.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe you will need to solve the driver issue anyway, no matter which VM is used. If you're going to instell Ubuntu, it is much more unstable with homepass anyway and requires hostapd rollback.

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe you will need to solve the driver issue anyway, no matter which VM is used. If you're going to instell Ubuntu, it is much more unstable with homepass anyway and requires hostapd rollback.
Meh. Thank you for warning me. I'll see the errors on your VM and try to fix it then.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe It wil be great to maintain one image for all. I waited for along time for that image and finally ought to create it by myself. I also tried the Ubuntu it appears to have the issues and really larger image size. If you're going to modify my image, you need to increase the RAM amount and extend the disk size in VMWare player, then obrain a gparted boot image and extend the partition with it.

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe It wil be great to maintain one image for all. I waited for along time for that image and finally ought to create it by myself. I also tried the Ubuntu it appears to have the issues and really larger image size. If you're going to modify my image, you need to increase the RAM amount and extend the disk size in VMWare player, then obrain a gparted boot image and extend the partition with it.
I guess I'll stay with your VM image.

So here is some errors which occurs :
w8tXTr0.png

I searched a bit, it seems related to hostapd but welll...

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe Those errors are not fatal and actually homepass may still work! Have you tried to connect to the AP with another client device?

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe Those errors are not fatal and actually homepass may still work! Have you tried to connect to the AP with another client device?
Yep. I tried to connect with my phone and my 3DS to the AP NZ@McD1 when it was listed (which is not allways the case). And my devices were not able at all to connect (Error : an authentication error occured ).

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe you should monitor the syslog while connecting, at least hostapd should detect the attempts and log them. However my adapter sometimes fails in such state so even hostapd do not list anything and lony reattaching the adapter and restarting the VM may help.

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe you should monitor the syslog while connecting, at least hostapd should detect the attempts and log them. However my adapter sometimes fails in such state so even hostapd do not list anything and lony reattaching the adapter and restarting the VM may help.
Nope, there's nothing happening during connection attemps. No attempt logged.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe If so, reattach the USB dongle and reboot the VM, than check if hostapd is running with
ps -ef | grep hostapd | grep wlan0

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
2All: Windows native method have updated, please redownload nzone.exe, the older one is not working already.

LiquidAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2All: Windows native method have updated, please redownload nzone.exe, the older one is not working already.

What updates/edits were made?

Update: Whatever you did, I'm starting to get a lot more streetpasses now. For the past several 2 minute MAC changes, I've gotten streetpasses on all of them. This never happened on the previous version. Thanks!

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where do we download nzone.exe, or how? Are you saying to re-download the Homepass.zip file that you linked to, and just overwriting what's already in the folder?

retrotheorist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi,

I redownloaded nzone.exe and ran it again, and it seemed like it worked at first. It successfully went through like 2 or 3 MAC changes (though with no streetpasses) but then I ran into the same problem as before. The connection stays limited. No internet access and no packets being received.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi,

I redownloaded nzone.exe and ran it again, and it seemed like it worked at first. It successfully went through like 2 or 3 MAC changes (though with no streetpasses) but then I ran into the same problem as before. The connection stays limited. No internet access and no packets being received.
Have you tried to disable all third party antivirus and firewall software? Have you checked the internet connection sharing applied?

Oh_Santa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me when i used maccheck (methode of nzone.exe) i have only one 1, so i can access to nintendo zone, but i don't have internet at the top of N3DS XL, i have "activated" and StreetPass, but yesterday everything worked, i had two 1 and internet, but no StreetPass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share