Status
Not open for further replies.

retrotheorist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the native Windows nzone.exe method without any problems for more than a week, but yesterday it stopped working. Everything is as before except the wifi connection is now showing up as "limited" and as an "unidentified public network" when nzone is running... so I can't connect to the internet and I get no streetpasses on my 3DS, either.

Also, when it actually was working, recently I've only been meeting the same couple of people from Australia. I'm in the US...

LiquidAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, when it actually was working, recently I've only been meeting the same couple of people from Australia. I'm in the US...

I've been running nzone.exe for a few days now non-stop. I haven't really been receiving very many street passes. Kind of a let down, considering how many I was getting from MACycle. Not quite sure what the deal is. I haven't noticed if they're the same people since I'm just streetpassing for the games I'm looking for like Legend of Zelda and Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
It is Atheros 9271, it should work with ath9k_htc driver which I believe is included, try ifconfig now
I tried this. did ctrl+alt+ins. got an error message about the USB. Got an error message at the same time about the USB dongle through windows. I unplugged the USB and plagged back in. VM can find USB now.

Not quite sure what to do from here.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Untitled.jpg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe check dnsmasq and hostapd are running with
ps -ef | grep dnsmasq | grep wlan0
ps -ef | grep hostapd | grep wlan0
No you should not create any connection, all those SSIDs are predefined in 3DS firmware. Please describe how you edited net.rules file?

LiquidAngel The answer is very simple: with MACCycle you used the common SSID with the commong MACs which have been used for a long time from all operating systems. But now you exchange streetpass data only with the same nzone.exe users.

Bambamthepyro Looks like it was initialized this time. Please check ifconfig and describe what you did except the reboot?

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe check dnsmasq and hostapd are running with
ps -ef | grep dnsmasq | grep wlan0
ps -ef | grep hostapd | grep wlan0
No you should not create any connection, all those SSIDs are predefined in 3DS firmware. Please describe how you edited net.rules file?
Regarding dnsmasq & hostapd services :
ullW2lI.png
Regarding the net.rules file, I added a # in front of the first SUBSYSTEM, see here :
hxxbb3h.png

I've done this after reading this on a blog, I have a little knowledge regarding Unix systems.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe I believe wlan0 should be added by a hotplug daemon but anyway everything looks like just Internet must be accessed.

LiquidAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LiquidAngel The answer is very simple: with MACCycle you used the common SSID with the commong MACs which have been used for a long time from all operating systems. But now you exchange streetpass data only with the same nzone.exe users.

duke_srg I see. So would I be better off if I used the Linux Method 1 to get more streetpasses, or will that connect to the same set of users?

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Bambamthepyro Looks like it was initialized this time. Please check ifconfig and describe what you did except the reboot?

I tried this. did ctrl+alt+ins. got an error message about the USB. Got an error message at the same time about the USB dongle through windows. I unplugged the USB and plagged back in. VM can find USB now. Just not sure how to get a streetpass.

Edit: Just now, I alt F1.

root/notforall.

Then lsusb.

1.jpg

Then ifconfig.
2.jpg

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe I believe wlan0 should be added by a hotplug daemon but anyway everything looks like just Internet must be accessed.
Ok. Thanks for your answers.

I have removed the attwifi and NZ@McD1 from the connection I set up. It's very surprising. I was thinking all this time that it was required.

I'll keep the VM up, my 3DS as well and see if I get some SPs .

retrotheorist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the native Windows nzone.exe method without any problems for more than a week, but yesterday it stopped working. Everything is as before except the wifi connection is now showing up as "limited" and as an "unidentified public network" when nzone is running... so I can't connect to the internet and I get no streetpasses on my 3DS, either.

I got it working again by deleting the task in the task scheduler then starting nzone.exe again.

EDIT: Or at least I thought I did. It worked at first but when it was going to change mac address it tried to reconnect to the wifi and couldn't (limited connectivity). The connectivity returns to normal when I stop nzone.exe...

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Bambamthepyro Yes, is it safe. Moreover, it may be required because homepass may not be started normal on boot with no USB dongle attached.

OK, I did the ctrl+alt+ins to restart.
I got this.
1.jpg

Then this.
2.jpg

After that it went to fast for me to get a screenshot. But I did see "red error" words.

Then came this.
3.jpg

Then this.

4.jpg

Edit:
I tried restart with ifcong /usr/local/sbin/nzone restart.
I got this.

5.jpg

Now what?

Lord Boogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
duke_srg
this is my device, As you can see i tried to get the firmware but deb command was not recognised. When I tried apt-get update && apt-get install firmware-ralink it did it but reported 0 new 0 uninstalled etc...

debian driver version.jpg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Lord Boogie Use apt-get instead, but all Debian wireless firmware-* are already installed, including for ralink! You can check /lib/firmware. You should check Mediatek.com for additional firmware files if needed.

Bambamthepyro that shows that wlan0 can't start properly, get the device ID s and search for solution for Debian

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
duke_srg Do you mind providing some recommendations of usb dongles that will work with the VMware? for instance the ones you are using! :)

Edit : Additional question , If i am to do this "nzone.exe start BASE7" will it only be on this mac address only 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 ? or am I just dumb at guessing this would work or do I just set it as BASE1 to as it is the most common address 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Deathslayer Any Linux I compatible adapteshould work, the question is if you're able to install the needed drivers. I have an old RT2870 dongle and can't recommend it because it works unstable!
There is no BASE7, it will return a single base MAC. All available list are described in my post at page 10, don't try to get more than really exist.

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Deathslayer Any Linux I compatible adapteshould work, the question is if you're able to install the needed drivers. I have an old RT2870 dongle and can't recommend it because it works unstable!
There is no BASE7, it will return a single base MAC. All available list are described in my post at page 10, don't try to get more than really exist.

So basically , for the native method , only BASE1 , BASE16 and BASE256 . So if I am to use BASE1 , it will only use 1 particular mac address the entire time , if i am correct? and there is not really a particular method for me to assign a specific mac address ~ as I tried using mac-shift and obviously it still changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share