Hacking How to go about modding/hacking my 360?

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had my Xbox for awhile, but I want to be able to play "backup" games online without getting the bannhammorz. So I contacted a guy on craigslist, and he was going to charge me $50 to mod my Xbox. I say screw that, I can probably do it myself. I have an old 'fat' Xbox, but I have no idea how to 'mod' it, and I didn't really find any specific info on Google.

I don't even know what JTag or LT is.

Some insight would be wonderful. :3

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it depends.

For Jtag: What dashboard is it on?

For LT: What drive model do you have? Some differ in how you mod them. Samsung, Benq, Hitachi,etc ?

And their is really no way to not get banned from Xbox Live, while playing on a modded drive you have any chance of getting banned, LT+ just makes it less likely to happen.

As for jtags, no way will there ever be xbox live on there, you would have to go to alt like Xlink Kai.

If you want to mod your drive, then I suggest reading the JungleFlasher tut.

For jtag...I'd get some one to do it for you.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what JTag, LT, or Xlink Kai is...

How do I know which drive I have?

The main thing I want to do is be able to play backups, without (or a low chance of) getting banned.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
I don't even know what JTag, LT, or Xlink Kai is...

How do I know which drive I have?

The main thing I want to do is be able to play backups, without (or a low chance of) getting banned.

if you dont wanna get worried about getting banned then dont go online with a modded xbox eventually we will all be banned but thtats the risk you take for getting all games for free so i say it's worth it

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm also in the same position as the OP, I will be obtaining an old 360 arcade (2nd edition i believe, aka not the first batch of 360's) which has been RROD and I would also like to know how to mod a 360 as I also have no idea on what JTAG is/are or LT/+ are..

I'm downloading the tutorial posted for more info
smile.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
I'm also in the same position as the OP, I will be obtaining an old 360 arcade (2nd edition i believe, aka not the first batch of 360's) which has been RROD and I would also like to know how to mod a 360 as I also have no idea on what JTAG is/are or LT/+ are..

I'm downloading the tutorial posted for more info
smile.gif
If it has a dashboard version of 7371 or earlier and manufactured before 6/19/09 then it is JTAGable. A JTAG can run unsigned code, however they cannot go on LIVE. You can flash (firmware is known as iXtreme) any phat (and some slim) consoles, and play on LIVE, however you can only play burned games. No unsigned code.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
Its NOT very easy to do.
Let someone with experience hack it for you.
One wrong step/move, and you'll have a nice paperweight.

flashing a drive isnt very hard but JTAG can be very difficult you have to gut the entire system!

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He says the he does not want the ban hammer so a Jtag would be out of the question. You would want to use jungle flasher and flash a custom firmware to the chip in the disc drive as stated above. You need $50+ worth of tools to do it properly and know exactly what you are doing. LT+ 1.9 is the most recent firmware to keep you safe, you also need to have your disc's stealth patched.

CAUTION! WHENEVER YOU MOD ANYTHING YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTING A BAN AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER! IT COULD BE A WEEK OR COULD BE TWO YEARS...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benson733 said:
He says the he does not want the ban hammer so a Jtag would be out of the question. You would want to use jungle flasher and flash a custom firmware to the chip in the disc drive as stated above. You need $50+ worth of tools to do it properly and know exactly what you are doing. LT+ 1.9 is the most recent firmware to keep you safe, you also need to have your disc's stealth patched.

CAUTION! WHENEVER YOU MOD ANYTHING YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTING A BAN AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER! IT COULD BE A WEEK OR COULD BE TWO YEARS...
It depends on the drive, my was a Hitahci 79. I needed Slax, 79 Unlock Music File, and a Sata Cable to hack it, didn't cost me a dime, then again my family is computer known so I kinda expect to have that stuff around the house
tongue.gif
. It was moderately hard, but following a good guide on the matter like the Jungleflasher one is good, they even have a built in IRC in the program in case you run into any problems not stated in the guide.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KirbyBoy said:
benson733 said:

It depends on the drive, my was a Hitahci 79. I needed Slax, 79 Unlock Music File, and a Sata Cable to hack it, didn't cost me a dime, then again my family is computer known so I kinda expect to have that stuff around the house
tongue.gif
. It was moderately hard, but following a good guide on the matter like the Jungleflasher one is good, they even have a built in IRC in the program in case you run into any problems not stated in the guide.

Using your console to power the disc drive is not a primary idea. It sets off script that counts how many times you do this and reports back to Microsoft. The tools required are also dependent on the type of drive in the console.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
benson733 said:
KirbyBoy said:
benson733 said:

tongue.gif

Using your console to power the disc drive is not a primary idea. It sets off script that counts how many times you do this and reports back to Microsoft. The tools required are also dependent on the type of drive in the console.
IIRC he doesn't play on LIVE.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benson733 said:
KirbyBoy said:
benson733 said:

tongue.gif

My Xbox is the only console I don't have online, so that's of no importance to me. Now to him yes, so you'd probably have to buy a tool to power your drive.

Though he may have a Samsung or Ben Q, and those are a different story.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fudge said:
benson733 said:
KirbyBoy said:
benson733 said:

tongue.gif

"I want to be able to play "backup" games online without getting the bannhammorz"

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benson733 said:
Fudge said:
benson733 said:
KirbyBoy said:
benson733 said:

tongue.gif

"I want to be able to play "backup" games online without getting the bannhammorz"

He meant me, and it really doesn't matter, even if I have a drive that I both spoofed and use my xbox to power, it just makes it more likely that I could be banned, or maybe I could get lucky and not be banned for a certain amount of time, you never know really. He could do it the safest way possible and be banned right on the spot or be able to play on live for awhile.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say the the more safe you play, the least likely you are to get banned. Its up to the user... I would recommend getting tools and doing it the proper way.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benson733 said:
I would say the the more safe you play, the least likely you are to get banned. Its up to the user... I would recommend getting tools and doing it the proper way.
It depends on the user really. If he'd really didn't want to go on live I'd suggest just doing it the way I did it, though that's just me
tongue.gif
. Though if you want live, then yes use tools and follow good guides. Every little thing makes it easier to not get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD