Homebrew How to get rid of darkwii theme

BobsBurgers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My sister tried to get netflix update yesterday since theres a glitch where if one person is watching on a stream, the person on the wii cant watch another stream even though in my area two netflix streams are available. I deleted all the homebrew off the wii yet still intact on sd card with all the theme files. i dont want to update the wii since the wii might get bricked. my whole family is mad at me for doing this. can somebody please tell me how to fix this. also my dad put images on the card which are under a dcim folder. will removing the pictures off then puting it into the wii cause it to brick? i have the homebrew installed on boot2 just in case it bricked.

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My sister tried to get netflix update yesterday since theres a glitch where if one person is watching on a stream, the person on the wii cant watch another stream even though in my area two netflix streams are available. I deleted all the homebrew off the wii yet still intact on sd card with all the theme files. i dont want to update the wii since the wii might get bricked. my whole family is mad at me for doing this. can somebody please tell me how to fix this. also my dad put images on the card which are under a dcim folder. will removing the pictures off then puting it into the wii cause it to brick? i have the homebrew installed on boot2 just in case it bricked.

Why do you think there's an issue with your wii?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when you install a theme you can't remove it doing so will BRICK! only thing you can do is find the original white theme files (i'm sure you can download them) and replace the dark theme. updating the wii however won't brick it doesn't effect the actual theme.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am failing to see the relationship between your theme and the netflix update, personally if i wanted neflix updated id download using NUSDownloader, decrypt the files and install the wad with wad-manager.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am failing to see the relationship between your theme and the netflix update, personally if i wanted neflix updated id download using NUSDownloader, decrypt the files and install the wad with wad-manager.
I've never really played with NUSDownloader but I am in a similar situation; just trying to download the latest versions of the Netflix channel and the Nintendo Channel without going in to the Shop. Is there a quick and dirty FAQ/Guide/Walkthrough on NUSDownloader beyond what's on Wiibrew? I just don't want to risk a brick by making the WAD wrong.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've never really played with NUSDownloader but I am in a similar situation; just trying to download the latest versions of the Netflix channel and the Nintendo Channel without going in to the Shop. Is there a quick and dirty FAQ/Guide/Walkthrough on NUSDownloader beyond what's on Wiibrew? I just don't want to risk a brick by making the WAD wrong.
Any reason you don't want to go to the shop? It seems to me it would be easier just to use ModMii to download the latest shop WAD and install it (this way it won't ask you to update if you don't have it) and then just go into the shop and install NetFilx since it IS a free channel.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason you don't want to go to the shop? It seems to me it would be easier just to use ModMii to download the latest shop WAD and install it (this way it won't ask you to update if you don't have it) and then just go into the shop and install NetFilx since it IS a free channel.
I'm on the Wii U so going directly to the shop isn't an option; these channels are not available for download. I came in to the Wii Homebrew forum as the Wii U section is focused heavily on backup loaders, which I'm not too interested in just yet. I tried to drum up interest in these things over there but no luck :)

I don't want to go too off topic, but basically I'm a dork who wants my WiiMode menu to look exactly like my former Wii menu. I like how Dop-Mii has the option to download channels from the Wii Shop, but it is no longer updated and not all channels are available (off the top my head I believe it is missing Youtube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and the Nintendo Channel). I was able to use Dop-Mii and IOS236 to install the News Channel, Weather Channel, and Internet Channel; didn't try the Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes Channels (never got in to those). Using SettingsEditorGUI 1.8b I am able to turn WiiConnect24 on and use the News Channel. Forecast channel launches but fails; not sure if a work-around will be found or if I'm the only one who cares ;p Internet Channel works perfectly. I had an old WAD of the Nintendo Channel in my files that I installed; it launches but won't connect, giving the Support Code for a Nintendo Channel outage. I'm not sure if it was the latest version or not that I used, so I want to try and download it from NUS and make a new WAD.

I know this is all silly since the Nintendo Channel is just ads and the Netflix Channel is superseded by the Wii U application, but as mentioned I'm a dork. I got the Youtube and Today and Tomorrow applications to work so I'm just trying to 'trick out' my vWii so it is more like my dearly departed launch Wii that died :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!