Gaming How to get free games..

Valmanway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, you know, Toys r Us has this "buy 2 get 1 free" offer.. So, what if you bought 2 games and get the other one free. Then, return the first two that you bought and keep the other one? Will it work? I heard people say yes, but I need further opinions... I'll try it hehe
smile.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They'll make you return the free game as the free game is written on your receipt. If not, they'll charge you for it. Everyone knows that.

So you're not really a smart ass.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well im guessing you will have to show your receipt. Now when you hand over your receipt it will say something like " buy 2 get 1 free sale" so they will say wheres the other game
unsure.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why everyone thinks its okay to fraud the retailer. Its like buying a Slim PSP and returning it with a Phat PSP inside and since the clerk doesn't know the difference, they accept it. Then they get in major shit later.

Doing that kind of thing feels good to you? Does it make you feel smart?

Its called fraud.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand why everyone thinks its okay to fraud the retailer. Its like buying a Slim PSP and returning it with a Phat PSP inside and since the clerk doesn't know the difference, they accept it. Then they get in major shit later.

Doing that kind of thing feels good to you? Does it make you feel smart?

Its called fraud.

yep doing something like this can cost someone thier job.

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think usually for these 'buy 2 get 1 free' offers, they split the price into 3 on your receipt... So for example, if you pay $15 and $15 for 2 games, your receipt might show $10, $10, and $10 for the 3 games.... or something like that.
unsure.gif

I'm not really sure so don't quote me on that.
biggrin.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's kinda like DLing roms, only instead of stealing straight from the developers, you're just stealing from the middleman
tongue.gif
Except when you download a rom, the developer doesn't lose their copy. If you somehow duplicated the cart from the store and returned it, then sure, you could make that comparison.

Roms = copyright infringement.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d/loading roms is a victiomless crime... Like getting free foxtell. Unless you buy everygame that you would normally buy, the developer isnt losing a cent! When they say they lost millions from piracy, they didnt lose it, they just didnt make it.
Just like punching somone in the dark
smile.gif

Stealing from shops messes the bussiness' up. The bussiness has allready payed to buy the game, so the developers arnt losing any money there, its only your local market
frown.gif

or am I wrong?
unsure.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d/loading roms is a victiomless crime... Like getting free foxtell. Unless you buy everygame that you would normally buy, the developer isnt losing a cent! When they say they lost millions from piracy, they didnt lose it, they just didnt make it.
Just like punching somone in the dark
smile.gif

Stealing from shops messes the bussiness' up. The bussiness has allready payed to buy the game, so the developers arnt losing any money there, its only your local market
frown.gif

or am I wrong?Â
unsure.gif

Your right, the retailer has paid for their stock and as such the Publisher has been paid.

But with downloading ROMs you have no incentive to buy the games in the first place.
Without the ROMs/flash cards you would probably have bought that game.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Not too sure about your logic in general Madkatz... But there is one thing I agree with in your post. That is, the frequently made statement that "[nondescript media] piracy costs the industry over [four hundred thousand cajillion] dollars each year"... The argument is way off base and I cringe everytime I hear it.

The assumption is made that everyone who has a copy would have paid a substantial sum of money for the original. This is clearly not the case. So in reality, all that is lost is potential revenue...

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well for me Downloading ROM is like getting a free sample of the game...i offen buy the game when i feel that game is buy wrothy...hey its not my fault if they dont have a Demo copy to promote thier game...after all i dont want to buy a get that dont worth to buy.

so far i grab 2 games Pokemon Pearl and Megaman StarForce Dragon...those are worthy of the cash i spend.

btw, my place dont have a game rental shop or shop that offen a return services...so i cant try out the game buy renting it or abusing the return services.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Downloading rom is crime , but, why all the companies think that people would buy rom instead of download it, for me choose was simple i only bought ds, cose it has ability to play "backups", other way i would never bought it. So at least nintendo have money from buying console
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol