Hacking How to get Animal Crossing playing online? With old save/city

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i loaded classic mode via the red cart in the gateway menu, and when in classic mode [it shows my emunand 8.1 screen btw... is that classic mode???] switched to animal crossing and nothing shows up.

Wait, you're saying you're trying to start Animal Crossing from the Gateway card while in Classic mode? In order to run games from that card, you need to be in "Gateway" mode. To access that, just insert the red card into the system and don't hold any buttons while launching the DS profile exploit.

conversely i tried booting into classic mode from the gateway menu with the acnl cart in [ignoring the red card, it sez not all features will be available without red, hit x to continue] and then it freezes.

That's normal. It's Gateway's way of forcing people to buy their products in order to use Emunand.

also since i would play my genuine cart online... does that mean i have to turn on wifi in 4.5 sysnand? sorry for the noobness.

If you're playing the game on Emunand, then no you do not need to keep any Wi-Fi connections saved on the sysnand.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for replying!

well i'm not sure how to play my cart in anything non sysnand... when the animal crossing cart is in my machine and i go into profile, it makes me pick boot gateway more or boot classic mode... if i pick either [with the acnl cart in] it tells me i need the gateway card. so i swtich to the red card and boot into gateway mode, then swtich to my acnl cart, but i really want to just play my acnl cart in emunand... it doesn't show up...

i'm totally missing something here XD

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
thanks for replying!

well i'm not sure how to play my cart in anything non sysnand... when the animal crossing cart is in my machine and i go into profile, it makes me pick boot gateway more or boot classic mode... if i pick either [with the acnl cart in] it tells me i need the gateway card. so i swtich to the red card and boot into gateway mode, then swtich to my acnl cart, but i really want to just play my acnl cart in emunand... it doesn't show up...

i'm totally missing something here XD

Keep the red card in, launch the Profile exploit while holding the L button, scroll over and press A on "Classic Mode". Let it boot into your emunand, then take out the red card and replace it with the Animal Crossing card. It should pop up and play now. :P

If you want to make sure you're in classic mode instead of Gateway mode, try pressing Select on the 3DS main menu. If nothing happens when you press Select, you're in classic mode.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the red card in, launch the Profile exploit while holding the L button, scroll over and press A on "Classic Mode". Let it boot into your emunand, then take out the red card and replace it with the Animal Crossing card. It should pop up and play now. :P

If you want to make sure you're in classic mode instead of Gateway mode, try pressing Select on the 3DS main menu. If nothing happens when you press Select, you're in classic mode.

urk i tried this multiple times and figured it out XD when i was putting in the cart i had my 3dsxl closed. and when i opened it, nothing. i then tiried it with the lid open and then it showed up lolll... i guess when it is closed it just won't detect.

THANKS!!!! [btw]

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
urk i tried this multiple times and figured it out XD when i was putting in the cart i had my 3dsxl closed. and when i opened it, nothing. i then tiried it with the lid open and then it showed up lolll... i guess when it is closed it just won't detect.

THANKS!!!! [btw]

I have no clue why that would be an issue, but at least it works now. Get playin'!

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? I thought that if you take an AC: NL retail card with save data that was created on official system firmware, and try to play it on emuNAND, it would show up as corrupt, because of different encryption types. Is this not the case?

I'd like to be able to play my legit CARD-2 games on my Gateway 3DS XL, but I don't want to corrupt the saves on them.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can confirm this works, altho the issues i was having was related to my red card/card slot not detecting the insertion of the acnl [had to retry a bunch of times and sometimes it doesn't show up that the red card has changed to acnl cart]

anyways, it works, i saved on the cart in emunand, loads in non gateway 3dsxl
saved on the cart in non gateway, loads in my emunand

also [this was important to me] tested powersaves on a emunand saved cart and applied codes.

loaded up just fine in emunand/regular 3dsxl. : )

huzzah!!!! [basically emunand 8.1 acts just like a regular firmware 8.1 as far as the acnl cart is concerned].

**btw i only tested the saves, i have yet to test if there are any problems going online in emunand 8.1 with a genuine cart. [i'm guessing there won't be]. but you still can't take your old gamesave out of your cart and put it into a acnl rom and go online i'm guessing? [op's question]

Reactions: Smash Br0

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Huh? I thought that if you take an AC: NL retail card with save data that was created on official system firmware, and try to play it on emuNAND, it would show up as corrupt, because of different encryption types. Is this not the case?

Animal Crossing uses 4.x Save encryption, so it does not become corrupted when trying to use it on a 4.x console. Pokemon, however, uses 6.x encryption. That's why it does not work between systems yet.

Reactions: Smash Br0

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So injecting CARD2 sav that was 3ds save into a 3dz rom will not work? I thought it wouldnt work with CARD1 sav.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)