Hardware How to fix slippery analog stick on the 3DS XL ?

paulie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I play on my 3DS XL for prolonged periods of time my thumb often slips when using the analog control stick.
It begins to bother me enough to consider fixing it with something like sandpaper or some rough plastic surface.
Has anyone else tried gluing something on the analog stick in order to deal with the (in my opinion) too smooth surface it has?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rubber finger tips? XD
21668p_01.jpg

Reactions: SmileCitrus

paulie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rubber finger tips, while a very easy solution, dont seem that convenient, but good thinking!
And I will check if I can find something similar to the CYBER slide pad cover, thanks a lot!

D

Deleted User

I very good solution is just a thin coat of some clear coat nail polish, makes it nice and grippy.

MonkoftheFunk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figgured it's partialy that the thumb pad gets slippery but also the friction under the pad (on the 3DS) is pretty rough, polishing it with a bit of toothpaste and a quetip then cleaning it with a damp cloth makes it slide so much easier, so your thumb doesn't have to move as hard, losing friction off the pad.

^
Tried the clearcoat, but it was still too slick, so dabbed with nail polish remover made it grippier

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figgured it's partialy that the thumb pad gets slippery but also the friction under the pad (on the 3DS) is pretty rough, polishing it with a bit of toothpaste and a quetip then cleaning it with a damp cloth makes it slide so much easier, so your thumb doesn't have to move as hard, losing friction off the pad.

^
Tried the clearcoat, but it was still too slick, so dabbed with nail polish remover made it grippier

Don't revive an old thread, the thread is 9 years old.

• Sad
Reactions: MonkoftheFunk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021