Hacking [How to] Create and Use a LayeredFS plugin

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone ^^ I've got a problem...
I've made a layeredFS plugin to undub my Retail version of Fire Emblem Fates, but when i boot NTR CFW from the CIA file in Emunand Reinand 11.0E, and then launch my game, i have a green screen for half a second, and it just say that a error occured and it reboot... Trying without the undub files, it does the same thing... How can i fix it ?

Hotice03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download the NTR Pakckage here:
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/OG29vyMr/file.html
(Inluded the NTR 3.4 with NTR Viewer)

Be sure to have DevKitPro installed:
http://tinyurl.com/DevKitPro

Put DecryptedExeFS.bin in workdir.
Rename it exefs.bin
Run BuildLayeredFS.bat.
Enter TitleID.
Enter Nothing.

Create 2 new folders:
- 1 at the root of your SD
- 1 in the plugin folder.

Rename them with your TitleID.
Put the plg file in the TitleID folder (the one in your plugin folder).

For the folder at the root:
TitleID = RomFS
Files in romfs should be in your TitleID folder instead.

I used Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as an example.

Be sure to like the video if that helped you :)

i have tried downloading the dekit pro but it keeps giving me a 32 bit when i need a 64 and it wont run how do i fix this? the screen shot is for the first screen only ignore the second
upload_2016-9-12_14-33-30.png

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One thing I somewhat dislike is these guides that raise more questions for someone like me.
"Put DecryptedExeFS" - okay but how did I make a decrypted ExeFS again..? Is there tools for it? Is there some REALLY simple tools for it or whatever?
and so on. I mean sure I am just an idiot but. Eh whatever.
So instead reading this guide I am using mostly time to just figure out what tools handle dumping and extracting and decrypting the needed files which is by far clearly the larger part of making a plugin than whatever you do after you have DecryptedExeFS

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One thing I somewhat dislike is these guides that raise more questions for someone like me.
"Put DecryptedExeFS" - okay but how did I make a decrypted ExeFS again..? Is there tools for it? Is there some REALLY simple tools for it or whatever?
and so on. I mean sure I am just an idiot but. Eh whatever.
So instead reading this guide I am using mostly time to just figure out what tools handle dumping and extracting and decrypting the needed files which is by far clearly the larger part of making a plugin than whatever you do after you have DecryptedExeFS

Just use Asia81's Hack Pack to extract the contents of the CIA and then you get multiple parts including the DecryptedExeFS...
it's definitely not difficult...

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get my mods working again for Smash 3ds but I need a LayeredFS.plg to do so
However when I followed the video I can't get passed the part where you run "build_layeredfs" file because it says the application failed to run properly
And it's the skins that aren't working the custom music works fine
It's the textures that aren't working for some reason
Is there anything I can do to get a LayeredFS.plg file by any other means???

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get my mods working again for Smash 3ds but I need a LayeredFS.plg to do so
However when I followed the video I can't get passed the part where you run "build_layeredfs" file because it says the application failed to run properly
And it's the skins that aren't working the custom music works fine
It's the textures that aren't working for some reason
Is there anything I can do to get a LayeredFS.plg file by any other means???
If you want to use Smash mods, use SaltySD instead.

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I'm stuck on step 1, running BuildLayeredFS.bat with the DecryptedExeFS renamed to exefs.bin in the workdir folder. I get errors saying "No such file or directory", "The system cannot find the file specified".

When the program first runs, section names are displayed as gibberish (non-English symbols) and afterwards it says "Errror, ExeFS section 0/1/etc. size invalid".

Any idea what the problem could be?

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, this time I extracted the decrypted exefs with the older Hacking Tool 3DS, not the newest one. No gibberish this time around, but now I get different results from the OP / video:

Instead of asking me for the TitleID, it asks me for the folder with LayeredFS "file" - I simply wrote down the LayeredFS folder (no clue what the "file" is supposed to be).

Idk if it's going to work now, let's try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nvm, I'm dumb - the OP is getting the same instructions as me and still enters the TitleID.

I seem to have done everything now, but how can I know which of the romfs files I should enter into the folder? All of them? That will take a lot of room (~3 GB).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??