Hacking How to boot to main screen with M3 Real in Slot 1...

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to boot to the DS's startup with the Real in?

I used to just hold select while booting with my M3 Lite in (flashme) and it worked, but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is it possible, or do I have to always take out the Real whenever I want to Boot into the menu?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alternative is to get Yasu's "Back-to-Firmware" and put it on your microsd. Then there is no need to remove M3Real, you simply wait till M3 loads and select the small .nds file and it will take you back to the Download play / Pictochat screen. Obviously, the M3Real is not recognised in the DS firmware, so you will need to turn off/on the DS when you want to go back to your M3Real. The beauty of this homebrew, is there is no need to uneccessarily remove the slot-1 device.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dark^'^Knight said:
Alternative is to get Yasu's "Back-to-Firmware" and put it on your microsd. Then there is no need to remove M3Real, you simply wait till M3 loads and select the small .nds file and it will take you back to the Download play / Pictochat screen. Obviously, the M3Real is not recognised in the DS firmware, so you will need to turn off/on the DS when you want to go back to your M3Real. The beauty of this homebrew, is there is no need to uneccessarily remove the slot-1 device.
The downside is that it won't work with FlashMe btw.

If you just want to boot your M3 Lite, you might as well hold the B-button while the M3 Real starts. It will load any Slot-2 card in DS-mode. Holding the Select-button will load Slot-2 in GBA-mode.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
...So the feature of booting to the DS' original firmware WAS present in the M3 Real, but was eventually removed?
How comes they removed such a feature? That's quite odd. x_x To be honest, I thought it would've been more efficient to have that feature?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is nothing really in the original boot DS anyway, besides pitochat
and a few basic options

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah, you must just take real out when you want settings or pictochat or dl play. you can just launch ds, and insert m3 in again so it does not need to stick out for whole session.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress