Hacking How much are you willing to pay for a flash cart?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depeneds on how much 3DS games cost.

I will make a table for my preferences...

GAME | FLASH

$30-$35 | $30-$50

$40-$55 | $50-$60

Over $55 | $60-$75​

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't pay anything as I would not buy it.
Simply put I'll probably wait until the price of the 3DS drops after maybe a year or so.
By then their should be several flashcarts (that's even if they do it that way) and the prices should be reasonable enough by then aswell.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to pay $40 at most, no more then that. Just because it's 3DS does not mean the flashcart will take $70+ dollars to make.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't buy one as soon as it's out, I'll wait a bit to see if ninty doesn't just block it with a firmware update. The only flash carts I'll consider buying are the ones that can be updated to work on future firmware. This is assuming a flash cart will even be made.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, a fully working flashcart (as in actually plays 3DS backups) would be pretty priceless to me. No matter what the cost, you'll get your money's worth out of it real quick. So it could be $100+ and still be worth it to me, because that would only be the price of 2-3 games.....

But see, I don't plan to even get a 3DS until I CAN play backups on it, whether it be a hard mod or a flashcart or whatever. If that never happens, I'll never own a 3DS. Simple as that. End of story.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
The way I see it, a fully working flashcart (as in actually plays 3DS backups) would be pretty priceless to me. No matter what the cost, you'll get your money's worth out of it real quick. So it could be $100+ and still be worth it to me, because that would only be the price of 2-3 games.....

But see, I don't plan to even get a 3DS until I CAN play backups on it, whether it be a hard mod or a flashcart or whatever. If that never happens, I'll never own a 3DS. Simple as that. End of story.
What about if there will be a flashcart(dsi mode) for the regular DSi? Will you then get the DSi?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be buying one, even if a flashcart comes out that can play 3DS games. As with the Wii, DS, and GBA, I don't download games, and seeing as it'll (most likely) have a built in music player and video viewer, I won't have a need for one.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If I get a 3DS (that's if since I doubt I'll have that amount of money at one time (can't save money >: )) I won't be getting a flashcart.
The games look too awesome just to be ruined by downloading and stopping half way through (mainly happens to me)

Besides, we don't even know how big 3DS games will be yet with the updated graphics and all
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
What would you shell out for the first 3DS flash cart

The first flashcard for any console was always a rushed job, hammered together hastily in order to be the first team to have a card on the market; bulky, overpriced, buggy and lacking in features, that was soon rendered obsolete by much better flashcards or even softmodding solutions, and abandoned entirely by their dev team.

With that in mind, the first flashcard, I'd pay about one dollar. Shipping included.

On the other hand, an actual working flashcard would be worth a lot of money.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Rayder said:

What about if there will be a flashcart(dsi mode) for the regular DSi? Will you then get the DSi?

I wouldn't keep a DSi if one just dropped in my lap, if someone gave it to me I'd just sell it. Maybe I'd keep an XL, but not the regular DSi.

Now a 3DS I would surely accept if someone wants to donate it to me.
smileipb2.png

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
QUOTE said:
What would you shell out for the first 3DS flash cart

The first flashcard for any console was always a rushed job, hammered together hastily in order to be the first team to have a card on the market; bulky, overpriced, buggy and lacking in features, that was soon rendered obsolete by much better flashcards or even softmodding solutions, and abandoned entirely by their dev team.

With that in mind, the first flashcard, I'd pay about one dollar. Shipping included.

On the other hand, an actual working flashcard would be worth a lot of money.

Acekard 2i is the first flashcart for DSi and it just recently got upped by SCDS2. And I honestly think that Acekard 2i is one of the best, but the thing is it may be the first but it's just a Acekard 2.1 modified slightly to work on DSi. So I see what you're saying but in a way, that's not always the case.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about it. When you buy a flashcart you pretty much will hardly ever buy another retail game for that console ever again.

With that being said, a $70 flashcart is nothing because buying it is already a money saver. Heck, it could be $100, you'd still be saving money in the very near future.

I agree on not getting the first flashcart that is released for the 3DS IF the 3DS is ever hacked. It usually is poor quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1