How much would you spend on a 3ds?

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to get a 3ds used or new idk if even possible anymore for a good price but how much is a fair price? im new to nintendo products so idk what is a steal/rip off.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have bought an excellent condition N3DS for $230 CAD. came with box, manual, charger and everything. Expensive? Maybe. But to me, it's worth every penny. The hundreds of hours of entertainment I am going to squeeze out of it are going to be pennies on the hour, for a good time.

I have also bought an O3DS for $50 CAD, which had sticking shoulder buttons, a scratched to hell bottom screen, broken (physically cracked) cameras, and a worn-through button pad. It was not very enjoyable, but great for learning how to mod the things. Now it sits there for parts.

Usually, you get what you pay for. Had I known about the excellent condition of the first device, I would have bought two or three to be honest. I have people in my life who are also after one in good condition.

Reactions: Toptierboy

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds good, still able to mod it and use flash carts like normal I assume lol?
Yeah but keep in mind the menus are in japanese, however once modded you can simply do a ctrtransfer and have it in english or other languages, however you lose access to the eshop, which is closed anyway. But, that means you can't use pokemon bank, tried recently on a console I did a ctrtransfer and it won't work. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead. I got mine in a used games shop, got it for 49€ because it was an american one and they couldn't sell it normally. On that store and others I usually see them ranging from 110€ to even 150€

Reactions: Toptierboy

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but keep in mind the menus are in japanese, however once modded you can simply do a ctrtransfer and have it in english or other languages, however you lose access to the eshop, which is closed anyway. But, that means you can't use pokemon bank, tried recently on a console I did a ctrtransfer and it won't work. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead. I got mine in a used games shop, got it for 49€ because it was an american one and they couldn't sell it normally. On that store and others I usually see them ranging from 110€ to even 150€
Yeah I’m fine with out pokebank. I just want to play gba, gbc, gb, and nds/3ds Pokémon rom hacks. Thank you for the info on it
Post automatically merged:

Bought it at launch :')
Nowadays I basically get them for free sometimes so I wouldn't spend any.
How for free :o ?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way things are going, I'm thinking one ought to be able to find one that doesn't turn on due to a botched CFW install even when it can be trivially fixed.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I bought my New 3DS (Japanese), I spent like $85-90 shipped. I don't think I'd spend more than that.
I remember spending about 90 GBP for a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate new 3DS at CeX in 2016.
1695480910536.png

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looking to get a 3ds used or new idk if even possible anymore for a good price but how much is a fair price? im new to nintendo products so idk what is a steal/rip off.
That depends on a lot of things. Limited edition, top/bottom IPS? Both go for a large premium. Especially sought after ones like the Zelda Majoras Mask edition n3DS XL with top IPS.
You can generally go by eBay sold listings and subtract 10% for eBay seller fees to get a good idea of what a fair price is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol