Gaming How many Wii U remasters do you own?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,010
  • Replies 54

thread title

Votes: 25 38.5%

Votes: 15 23.1%

Votes: 9 13.8%

Votes: 9 13.8%

Votes: 4 6.2%

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda don't have a excuse not to buy mario kart 8 deluxe unless i just don't want it. But I don't know if I will just be addicted or something. Still I'm not paying more than $40 for it. I thought about it. Hoping they do port xenoblade chronicles X (AND FIX THE DAMN FONT SIZE) maybe even uncensor it, I may buy it again. To be honest, I didn't give the game a chance, so I still feel like I haven't decided if I dislike it. The font was mostly the main reason I stopped playing, is to small.

well bayoneta 2 is basicaly a rerelease imo, i got bayoneta 1 and 2 on disc for wiiu so im skipping that xD.
I just don't think is worth it unless I feel like playing it anywhere. I wouldn't mind it but not for the HIGH PRICE OF $60, especially when there is no additional content unlike mario kart 8 deluxe.

i always wanted hyrule warriors and with dlc included i will probably get it.
I dunno why people like those games, it just seem like 3D versions of those 2D brawler games like River city ransom, or final fight, streets of rage, ninja turtles. (If only sega did make streets of rage 4) People don't like 2D brawlers anymore? Tecmo just dominating with this Dynasty warriors clones, maybe ask tecmo to make streets of rage for sega. :blink:

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda botw wiiu runs 720p 24fps
zela botw nsw runs 900p 30fps on completely different hardware

regardless of release day, call of duty for example, for ps3 to ps4 looks completely different and runs smoother as well as been rebuilt or remastered for better hardware

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
zelda botw wiiu runs 720p 24fps
zela botw nsw runs 900p 30fps on completely different hardware

regardless of release day, call of duty for example, for ps3 to ps4 looks completely different and runs smoother as well as been rebuilt or remastered for better hardware
lollol

it runs better becuase its faster hardware...

So are all ps4 and ps3 games remastered versions, fifa on ps3,xbox360 and wiiu looks worse than on ps4 so i guess they remastered it lol.

RELEASING a game on diferent platforms does not make it a remaster...

so every game released on more than one system is a remaster lol for instance sonic forces runs worse on the switch and at lower resolution than ps4 so im guessing sonic forces on ps4 was a remastered version...

what you say makes no sence, same day release are not remasters even if you want them to be.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lollol

it runs better becuase its faster hardware...

So are all ps4 and ps3 games remastered versions, fifa on ps3,xbox360 and wiiu looks worse than on ps4 so i guess they remastered it lol.

RELEASING a game on diferent platforms does not make it a remaster...

so every game released on more than one system is a remaster lol for instance sonic forces runs worse on the switch and at lower resolution than ps4 so im guessing sonic forces on ps4 was a remastered version...

what you say makes no sence, same day release are not remasters even if you want them to be.

if you have personally gone from ps3 to ps4 you know it is a remaster, it jumps one generation. its not a ps4 to xb1 its ps3 to ps4, in this case wiiu to nsw a generational leap. botw did come out for wiiu, no matter how unpopular it sounds

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because all my friends at school have it on their Switches. Also, I find it very inconvenient bringing my Wii U to school and plugging it into one of my teacher's TVs. I don't have any other remasters, though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you have personally gone from ps3 to ps4 you know it is a remaster, it jumps one generation. its not a ps4 to xb1 its ps3 to ps4, in this case wiiu to nsw a generational leap. botw did come out for wiiu, no matter how unpopular it sounds
lol no it isnt.. just because a game was released on 2 diferent generations at the same time does not mean its a remaster serious do you even know the defenition of the word? do i need to take a dictionary defenition?

Remaster (also digital remastering and digitally remastered) refers to enhancing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.

For something to be called a remaster there has to be something released previously to remaster, and since they are released on the same day they cant be called remasters because nothing was remastered.

So how does your logic work on pc games the pc game is always better than the consoles versions becuase it depends on your pc specs so if i make my pc faster and the game now runs at higher framerate and resolution i just remastered the game? lol

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: RyanAnayaMc

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logically speaking here I'm sure the OP meant "PORT" Currently own 2 aswell MK8/BOTW kinda regret getting BOTW on Switch now that I can enjoy it on PC with 0 lag plus texture modding
Plan to get Hyrule Warriors Deluxe, but wont be in a rush to buy it unless I find one for $40-47 price range

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol no it isnt.. just because a game was released on 2 diferent generations at the same time does not mean its a remaster serious do you even know the defenition of the word? do i need to take a dictionary defenition?

Remaster (also digital remastering and digitally remastered) refers to enhancing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.

For something to be called a remaster there has to be something released previously to remaster, and since they are released on the same day they cant be called remasters because nothing was remastered.

So how does your logic work on pc games the pc game is always better than the consoles versions becuase it depends on your pc specs so if i make my pc faster and the game now runs at higher framerate and resolution i just remastered the game? lol

lol butthurt nintendo fanboys...
for instance nba2k16 on ps3 is not the same as the one for ps4(remaster), but the ps4 is nba2k16 is the same for pspc/xb1/ps4 (port),

(old rumor) botw was finished on wiiu but was held back year so they could rebuild it for nsw(a remaster)
''enhancing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.''
regardless of release day

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol butthurt nintendo fanboys...
for instance nba2k16 on ps3 is not the same as the one for ps4(remaster), but the ps4 is nba2k16 is the same for pspc/xb1/ps4 (port),

(old rumor) botw was finished on wiiu but was held back year so they could rebuild it for nsw(a remaster)
''enhancing the quality of the sound or of the image, or both, of previously created recordings, either audiophonic, cinematic, or videographic.''
regardless of release day
"rumour" lost all credibility with that lol
im all but a nintendo fanboy lol

i own n64,gc,wii,wiiu,switch
ps2,ps3,ps4
xbox,xbox360

and no you are not making sence a crossgen game is not a remaster, but you can live on your ignorance, while i go play my remastered fifa 17 lol i had no idea ea started to remaster fifa games becuase the game looks a tiny bit better on ps4 vs ps3 becuase the harware is faster and has more memory...

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"rumour" lost all credibility with that lol
im all but a nintendo fanboy lol

i own n64,gc,wii,wiiu,switch
ps2,ps3,ps4
xbox,xbox360

and no you are not making sence a crossgen game is not a remaster, but you can live on your ignorance, while i go play my remastered fifa 17 lol i had no idea ea started to remaster fifa games becuase the game looks a tiny bit better on ps4 vs ps3 becuase the harware is faster and has more memory...

bayonetta and botw both have the same upgrades from wiiu to NSW but one or the other is considered a port or a remaster because of a release date? The simple thing to do is plug in botw wiiu to the TV the same time as botw switch andp play both, its easier to grasp what I'm telling you as fact.

And then take the switch version out of the dock and go play on the toilet...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
bayonetta and botw both have the same upgrades from wiiu to NSW but one or the other is considered a port or a remaster because of a release date? The simple thing to do is plug in botw wiiu to the TV the same time as botw switch andp play both, its easier to grasp what I'm telling you as fact.

And then take the switch version out of the dock and go play on the toilet...
there are almost no grphical upgrades on bayoneta and botw...

not even the developer of bayoneta calls it a remaster or an edition of any name, its just called bayoneta 2 and its a true port... since they remastered nothing.

the fps is also locked on 30 on both botw games not 24 like you said..., just the switch runs it more times stable rather than wiiu wich dips more often on intense scenes. there very few diferences besides the resolution when docked and some blur here and there this things are not the effect of a remater but the effect of being on faster hardware, same way ps4 games look abit better than some of the xb1 ports becuase of the slightly diferences, and yet you dont call then remaster and some of them have way more diferences than botw and bayoneta 2.

Last edited by pedro702,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are almost no grphical upgrades on bayoneta and botw...

not even the developer of bayoneta calls it a remaster or an edition of any name, its just called bayoneta 2 and its a true port... since they remastered nothing.

the fps is also locked on 30 on both botw games not 24 like you said..., just the switch runs it more times stable rather than wiiu wich dips more often on intense scenes. there very few diferences besides the resolution when docked and some blur here and there this things are not the effect of a remater but the effect of being on faster hardware, same way ps4 games look abit better than some of the xb1 ports becuase of the slightly diferences, and yet you dont call then remaster and some of them have way more diferences than botw and bayoneta 2.

Ps4/xb1 both run a jaguar CPU, the wiiu runs something different than the NSW Tegra x1, which means they had to build from scratch

Your video says Wiiu runs 720, NSW runs 900, 56% more pixels with better blur and draw distances
The portable botw runs smoother than the wiiu version

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Can one even call BotW a remaster if it releases at the same time as the Wii U version?

Anyways, besides that, I have MK8D, Lego City Undercover and Rayman Legends. The first paying only $24 because of Amazon pre-order and selling my Wii U copy to them (for $24, and good thing too because shortly after they stopped doing that), and the latter 2 only when they reached $20.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ps4/xb1 both run a jaguar CPU, the wiiu runs something different than the NSW Tegra x1, which means they had to build from scratch

Your video says Wiiu runs 720, NSW runs 900, 56% more pixels with better blur and draw distances
The portable botw runs smoother than the wiiu version
like i said you have games that run much smoother on ps4 vs xb1 and you dont call them remasters its the same game but runs better on the other console and was released at the same time, and again in portable mode switch runs the exact same resolution than wiiu it just doesnt dip framerates that muhch but if you even saw the video there are parts where switch has lower fps than wiiu lol.

So yeah its not a remaster there are manny games that have much more diferences bein on ps4 and xb1 and you dont say they are remasters...

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said you have games that run much smoother on ps4 vs xb1 and you dont call them remasters its the same game but runs better on the other console and was released at the same time, and again in portable mode switch runs the exact same resolution than wiiu it just doesnt dip framerates that muhch but if you even saw the video there are parts where switch has lower fps than wiiu lol.

So yeah its not a remaster there are manny games that have much more diferences bein on ps4 and xb1 and you dont say they are remasters...

Botw meet all the criteria you gave for a remaster except release day, and in order to know a port from a remaster on same day release games, its determined from playing both versions in person.

Madden14 ps3/x360 was a port down of madden14 ps4/ps5. But madden 15 for ps4 was a remaster from ps3 even thought they were same day releases. Again its something you have to play personally to really see and feel the difference.

BotW can be played on in handheld mode better than the wiiu version, and when your talking about the fps dipping on NSW, it because of optimization coding which has been fixed. Portability is a new feature

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plan to get Hyrule Warriors Deluxe, but wont be in a rush to buy it unless I find one for $40-47 price range
I just found fire emblem warriors for $40, perhaps if I enjoy this I may buy Hyrule warriors on switch. Never had the wii u game so I have less excuses this time, same with mario kart 8 deluxe, I just dislike over $40 ports. Nintendo being greedy, hurry and release nintendo selects soon. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1