Gaming How many illegal NDS ROMS do you have?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Just whatever I keep on my 1 GB microSD ... At the moment:

- Bomberman
- Picross DS
- Brain Training with Dr. Kawashima: How Old is Your Brain?
- More Brain Training with Dr. Kawashima: How Old is Your Brain?
- The Legend of Zelda: Mugen no Sunadokei

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Uhm.. I said 5gb~.

One Two Three Four Five.
1 2 3 4 5

Not too sure where your figure of 100gb came from.. considering an unzipped collection of all the roms 0-1219 is something like 50-60gb.

well then you need to make it clearer next time, why put both numbers together? why didn't you start each number with a sentence, like i have 100 roms which comes to a total of 5gb instead of just putting 100, 5gb.

Complete DS set (including all the xxxx listed in NDSCRC) 27.5GB zipped.
I have about 161GB of ROMs in total.

see this is what i don't understand, why have so many? even the nuked releases you can't even play it, do you hoard the ds roms just because you can? do you even understand japanese to play the jap roms?
wacko.gif
crazy...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
see this is what i don't understand, why have so many? even the nuked releases you can't even play it, do you hoard the ds roms just because you can? do you even understand japanese to play the jap roms?
wacko.gif
crazy...

I don't have any nuked releases.
There are some bad dumps in the Good sets I have though.
By far the largest ROMs collection I have is a complete MAME set, that is about 73GB including all the CHD files.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This the FBI trying to work out who to crack down on first! I think legendofphil has volunteered themselves =D

Personally I'm a little angel, and hence have nothing illegal anywhere at all. If I did have backups, which of course, I don't... I predict I'd have about 613 backups given to me by a friend, and they would be all the English releases and take up about 12.9 gigs and that I'd be missing the latest 10 English releases because of download laziness. That's a big prediction considering I don't have any.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
referring to the above message... hehe good one
I have around 900+ mb of roms for DS which is becuz i have a very slow download speed ie.) 4-7kbs maybe dialup
Gba i usually dont keep more than 10 and Sega have around 50 or so
Used to play snes but don't anymore
By the way i don't even have a computer strong enough to play these roms (DS)

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have backups of the six games that I have bought. I think it is shocking to download games and deprive these small businesses such as Nintendo and Sony the money they need to survive.

biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Over half i'd say. At one stage i was catching em all but it took up too much bandwidth of my crappy internet. Nowadays i get every second or third rom which looks funny, interesting or half decent.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Downloading illegal roms is a gateway crime I hear...first you start off innocently downloading a few roms and then...you say...hmm I downloaded a free copy of Zelda and got away with it...I wonder if I can rob a bank...and the list goes on. I saw a special on Dateline about it so I stay away from the illegal stuff....

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how all of ya have so many ROMS stored, I only keep the ones that took long to find otherwise I delete them after storing them on my good ole flash card.

Oh and 20GB+ of roms?!

WTF?!

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have around 10-20 NDS roms on my HD, not much. I download the classics and play them, I don't want an archive of 1k games.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Downloading illegal roms is a gateway crime I hear...first you start off innocently downloading a few roms and then...you say...hmm I downloaded a free copy of Zelda and got away with it...I wonder if I can rob a bank...and the list goes on. I saw a special on Dateline about it so I stay away from the illegal stuff....

Lol. No I mean it: LOL.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm.. there are around 1200+ DS games in existence. I have 105.

Of the 105 all are English, and quite a lot are highly recommended or received good ratings. Others I got simply because the impression I got from their titles was that they might turn out good.

So unless you somehow think I somehow can type in perfect English without being able to understand a single word of it, I believe I am able to quite easily understand what I'm doing.

i'm talking about those people who play those japanese games and don't understand a word of it but still play it, not your native language. and i wouldn't really calling having that amount of roms a hobby i would call it more of a compulsive hoarding disorder lol you must have every single ds release no matter if it''s not in english a bad dump or what ever. even if you deny it's a disorder it's just pure greed on your behalf, you know you can get it for free so you take it all, what if the fbi DID knock on your door right now and you had all those files on your computer? where would you stash them? the data would be far too big to store on a normal dvd (unless you have a blu ray and even that would just be enough)

and you can't really have 105 roms and have the size of 100GB, all the DS roms i have on my computer is a total of 93 and thats less than 4gb, where did the other 95GB odd go then?
If the FBI came knocking on my door, I'd throw a magnet on my harddrive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🤢 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮