How Long Must We Wait For A Good Star Wars Game

misterwolf999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i mean how difficult is it.you have light sabers to chop limbs. thats gameplay right there. you have force powers so you can also make magic combat. you have force jump so none would complain if you made double jump power. force unleashed seemed to be going in the right direction. alright visuals. okay force powers. shitty sword chopping. force unleashed 2 improved the sword game play but alas it ended after like 6 levels. how hard could it be. people would buy these games and enjoy them just for the philosophical jedi cut scenes. just for character design of jedi robes. my favorite is still jedi academy which i have to return to several times a year because there is just nothing else. stupid world. no good startwars games. no good lord of th rings games. no good spider man games

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
People really buy those Disney Skylander thingies? I thought it was for kids.

I'm only going to buy a few Nintendo Amiibo because they look like cool mini figures.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
People really buy those Disney Skylander thingies? I thought it was for kids.

I'm only going to buy a few Nintendo Amiibo because they look like cool mini figures.

The Skylanders series is more popular than just about every Spyro game beforehand combined. IIRC, they announced that since Skylanders released the series as a whole passed $2 billion in sales which is a lot. Despite it appearing to appeal to kids, the games actually play really well and the figures are supposed to be great collectibles for collectors.

As for why there isn't any good Star Wars games, Battlefront + Battlefront 2 kthxbai. And Battlefront 3 should hopefully be balls amazing, too. And did everyone just forget KOTOR and KOTOR 2 existed? Those are considered some of the best Star Wars games as well.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
KOTOR 1/2 were nice (though the latter is only really enjoyable with the restoration mod). Licensed games generally aren't very good, though.

FAST6191 also made a small post not too long ago about how some SW games helped game genres advance here, though that probably isn't what you're looking for.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As for why there isn't any good Star Wars games, Battlefront + Battlefront 2 kthxbai. And Battlefront 3 should hopefully be balls amazing, too. And did everyone just forget KOTOR and KOTOR 2 existed? Those are considered some of the best Star Wars games as well.
Yup, KOTOR's are definitely on my backlog, sitting there and waiting for a time when I get sick of Destiny (should that day ever come). Jedi Knight 2 was pretty swell too, as well as Jedi Academy. 1313 Looked pretty sweet, but alas... Disney happened. Thanks, Mickey! :angry:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't hold my breath. Battlefront might be good, but with it in the hands of DICE, I'm not confident. If you are looking for a good modern Star Wars game, I'd recommend looking at the miniatures games.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like LucasArts lost something when the Star Wars prequels were announced... although a lot of their best stuff was adventure games, and those died way earlier.

Come to think of it, I wonder why they never made a proper Star Wars adventure game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!