Hacking How is gba emulation on the vita?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about getting one for this purpose, and also for digimon story cyber sleuth which comes out in February. Also can you charge the vita through USB cable while still playing it? I know you couldn't on the psp.

D

Deleted User

The usb cable is the charger... so it has to charge, as for gba emulation i have no idea.. im sure its the same if you install tn-v and get that gba emulator... i forget what its called, cant try it since i cant use it yet

Last edited by ,

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I use mGBA, and honestly in its current state, it's pretty terrible. It has massive issues with sound, and it frequently dips in frames. I wouldn't recommend buying a Vita just for this at the moment.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used gpsp Kai a little bit, and it seems to do a good job. The games I tested were pretty smooth, although not quite perfect. This is available through the ePSP hack. There is also mGBA being developed for Rejuvenate, the native hack. mGBA might be lacking in functionality right now, but has a promising future. There are a few hoops to getting Rejuvenate going though, so be sure to read up on that before making any decisions.

Also can you charge the vita through USB cable while still playing it?
Yes, you can charge it while playing. Take note that the "slim" 2000 model uses a standard USB cable, while the original 1000 model uses a proprietary cable.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya gPSP Kai is definitely the way to go, it isn't completely flawless but pretty good overall, other than the odd game here and there [Golden Sun 2 runs horribly for example], it's runs everything I've thrown at it very well.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Rejuvenate is early days so a lot of the emulators aren't as mature as the older PSP ones. mGBA needs a lot of work, the Genesis one has dodgy sound... yet the SNES emulators are far bester than the PSP Snes9xloadsoflettersandrev# ever was and they've only had existing ports of CATSFC, Snes9x and the same two via RetroArch for three or four months now.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just heard that the vita version of digimon story cyber sleuth is digital only. Meaning that I have to download it from the playstation network. But I'm assuming that the vita must be fully updated with the latest firmware to even be able to access the PSN. So how can I hack it to run emulators?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just heard that the vita version of digimon story cyber sleuth is digital only. Meaning that I have to download it from the playstation network. But I'm assuming that the vita must be fully updated with the latest firmware to even be able to access the PSN. So how can I hack it to run emulators?
If you can understand japanese or chinese then there is a physical copy. This should help you out hopefully as far as the vita goes.

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html

Last edited by cvskid,

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about getting one for this purpose, and also for digimon story cyber sleuth which comes out in February. Also can you charge the vita through USB cable while still playing it? I know you couldn't on the psp.

I don't know about anyone else's experiences or about the 2000 style model, but on my original style OLED-screen model, the only way to charge it while still playing it is to use the AC charge brick it comes with- or to have the system on standby or off and plugged into a USB port.

With mine, if you plug it into a standard USB port and it's on, it won't charge. It just draws too much power.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about anyone else's experiences or about the 2000 style model, but on my original style OLED-screen model, the only way to charge it while still playing it is to use the AC charge brick it comes with- or to have the system on standby or off and plugged into a USB port.

With mine, if you plug it into a standard USB port and it's on, it won't charge. It just draws too much power.
With the ps vita 2000 model you can keep it on the charger while playing. I do it all the time. Did not know that about the 1000 model though. Owned one but not long enough to know that.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use the OpenCMA PS3 trick, assuming you either own a PS3 or have access to someone who does:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=36947

As long as the base firmware required to run it isn't higher than the one you're on anyway, I would look into that before buying as if it requires a higher version i'm not aware of any way around it.

D

Deleted User

To answer this thread's question, I played Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3, alongside Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team on gPSP. They all played with absolutely no fault! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-