Hacking how i fixed my ecc failure.

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm writing this guide to help others who have had/have the same problem i did, an how i fixed it, thanks to some help from scooby74029.(thank you.).
For about a month i had been trying to dump my nand for backup/*neek use. it would always freeze with an error message of, ECC FAILURE,UNCORRECTABLE.
Yes i had the newest homebrew,(1.08) an the newest priiloader (v7). though this ecc failure never gave me any problems, or screwed the wii so it could be used. but just made it to were when you try to dump. it would freeze.
The first time i tried to fix this problem was when joostonline tried to help(thank you), an it still would do the same thing,freeze. After some more searching an asking for help.
Scooby74029, told me to download, hackmii installer 1.06 an put this in the apps folder, when in homebrew launch. an this is what i did, reinstalled an older version of homebrew/bootmii.
Then went back an re did the hackmii to the newer 1.08 homebrew an reinstalled everything. after this, i went back to the homebrew an started bootmii.
After this i watched the tv screen(until my eyes were dry). waiting for bootmii to freeze at the ecc failure. It never froze. finally i was able to make a nand dump.
yay.gif

SORRY , if this is not the right place to post this, an if mod wants to move. no problem,don't care.
yay.gif
an if a fellow gba member wants to write this better as a guide,go for it! Not that good at writing, to the younger crowed. DON'T DO IT, DON'T DROP OUT!!
lecture.gif
not worth it.. stay in school. like i wished i did.( me being a father.)
@ scooby74029, THANK YOU for your help.
@joostonline , THANK YOU. even though your way didn't work. you still took time to try an help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
reinstalled an older version of homebrew/bootmii.
Then went back an re did the hackmii to the newer 1.08 homebrew an reinstalled everything.
I wonder if it would've also worked if u just reinstalled everything using v0.8 of the hackmii installer (the one that has HBC v1.08). The reason I ask this is cuz there is no legal place to download older versions of the hackmii installer. Anyways, glad u got it sorted
biggrin.gif

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:
reinstalled an older version of homebrew/bootmii.
Then went back an re did the hackmii to the newer 1.08 homebrew an reinstalled everything.
I wonder if it would've also worked if u just reinstalled everything using v0.8 of the hackmii installer (the one that has HBC v1.08). The reason I ask this is cuz there is no legal place to download older versions of the hackmii installer. Anyways, glad u got it sorted
biggrin.gif
That was the first thing i did. an it didn't work, loaded it, an said " no vunarable ios, returning to menu." so thats the part that was confusing. Joostonline,gave this suggestion.
an the part about the .06 sorry didn't know that. but why? if i tried almost everything, an didn't want to screw my wii up.(possible brick). reformatting. i "remodded" so many times, trying to fix the ecc failure.
not even funny.(modmii got a workout.
yaywii.gif
) an all i can say is , if i had had it you would. (donation..) sorry.an thank you.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@xflak

no it will only work with 1.06 when you try to do a dump with 1.08 an get the ecc error

it took me several weeks of trail and error to finally get mine dumped from my new wii(black one)

1.07 did the samr ecc error for me i tried it several times too.

@Giantpune
What the hell is ecc error anyway

is it some kind of like hash or md5 sum that isnt correct or ?

somechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZOMBIE THREAD!!! If anyone is still having trouble with this problem, today I updated bootmii to the newest version (1.5), installed just the new bootmii through HBC (copied boot.elf to a folder in apps I named bootmii, it came up at the very end of my homebrew list since it didn't have a description) and was able to backup my nand just fine without freezing. FYI...

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
biggrin.gif

It seems I have this issue too from downloading the latest Bootmii from ModMii

Edit: using an older version of Bootmii fixed the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...