How hard is it to port over .APK to Vita?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, after seeing that a GameMaker Studios launcher was ported to the Vita, as well as other Android games such as Bully, San Andreas, and Final Fantasy III, how hard would it be to port over Chiaki PS Remote play? It is open source, so source code shouldn’t be a problem. What would I need to do it?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought GBAtemp was full of developers…

I thought people would have more patience...

Anyway it depends.
I know Bully, GTA SA and other Android games have gotten some patches in order to be functional on the Vita.
If Chiaki Remote play is ARMv7 and GLES 1 or 2 then there exists a possibility that it could be ported with relative ease, much like Bully/GTA SA etc.

You could start by contacting Rinnegatamante or theflow but I think visiting the henkaku discord might be a better option.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway it depends.
I know Bully, GTA SA and other Android games have gotten some patches in order to be functional on the Vita.
If Chiaki Remote play is ARMv7 and GLES 1 or 2 then there exists a possibility that it could be ported with relative ease, much like Bully/GTA SA etc.

You could start by contacting Rinnegatamante or theflow but I think visiting the henkaku discord might be a better option.
Thanks @DinohScene, your answer is appreciated.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks @DinohScene, your answer is appreciated.

Good luck mate!
I've got no clue what the requirements are for the app but the Vita only has a 500 Mhz quadcore ARM CPU paired with 512 MB of RAM.

Oh, forum.devchroma.nl might also be a place to check out.
They usually hang out in the CBPS discord.

Reactions: Plazorn

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway it depends.

How hard is it to port Hollow Knight to vita?
I guess ask around the Henkaku Discord like @DinohScene said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10