A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i read a few reviews online. it was rated number 1 this year. i tried out kaspersky, and i felt it was to much of a resource hog. i was also thinkin about gettin avast. any thoughts?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm..... really? I dunno, since I read a few reviews that said otherwise, Kaspersky and NOD32 rules this year.

But still, BitDefender is a good anti-virus, although I'm sure I read somewhere that F-Secure and BitDefender's scan engines are actually bought from other company, but my memory is pretty vague about that.

OOT: My Kaspersky internet Security 2009 works fine, in fact they said it's one of the most resource-efficient anti-virus, I dunno, they (a computer magazine here) do the test, for me I don't care
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that Kaspersky is a resource-hog (though they have a great detection rate too). NOD32 is known for both resource-efficiency and high detection rate, though personal experience does not confirm the latter.

I used BitDefender once (a hacker friend recommended it), and it found a lot of crap that AVG and Avast and all the free antiviruses out there passed by.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, of course, you can't expect a free anti-virus to work perfectly.

Also, I read somewhere that to gain the full power of Kaspersky and NOD32, you need to maximize all the settings, but it kinda makes you paranoid =(

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Raestloz: A freeware anti virus is usually as good if not better then a pay to use antivirus minus a few features(though usually they have a pay'd version that is pay to use) . In some cases they are actually better (see Norton) .

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it is better for an anti virus to be overly protective then one that will let viruses in. (though could get really annoying)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.