how does a guy go about getting a steady girlfriend?

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i'm not posting this msg as flame bait or anything, i'm actualy quite serious.

screw first base i'd settle for being in the game right now. i go to clubs and stuff (with friends) and i see all these crazy/nutty guys with all sorts of girls.
i have firends but no steady girlfirend. (just the fact that i'm posting this should reek of sufficient desperation)

now i'm avg in every way. i have enough money to pay the bills and then some. i'm no comedian but i can make people laugh every once in a while. and my looks are in the fairly avg department too. i'm not fat or anything though, i do go to the gym often.

could someone please give me some advice on how to get a girlfriend?

(also in the morning i will regret posting this. also i can't believe after a hand full of drinks i've manged to post this msg without a single speling mistake. the irony being all too obvious.)

plz reply.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, spend time with multiple girls and just ask one you are particularly interested in. If she says no, just realize it was not meant to be and find another =)
That's my logic with it ^^
Hope it helps,
Kevin

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know how girls like those clowns, or jocks and stuff? That's all temporary. If you really want a steady girlfriend, you'd have to talk to them. It's not always the girl talking to the guy, unless they're really hammered. But don't try to net one as soon as possible. Look around, have patience, and don't worry.

Happy hunting!
smileipb2.png

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nice girls are generally not the ones you meet at clubs and bars. You meet them in places where you wouldn't expect, like school, (sometimes, it's where I met mine) church, Kmart, or places like that.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
in my experience, it's important to make a good first impression, and sweep em off their feet. i used to follow the "nice guy" get to know em for a few months technique. the thing is, the closer you are to being their best friend, the farther you are from being their boyfriend. pretty stupid eh? happy hunting mate

Kyoton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From my experience it is important to show the woman who you are. Who you can be in her life that will make her want to really be steady with you. Think about what YOU bring to the relationship and make her want it.

Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the truth. It pisses me off but it's true. Some people will say it's not true but deep down we all know it. There's a large population of females that, for whatever reason, like being treated like shit by their boyfriends. How many times have you seen a great girl going out with some d-bag? Too many times, too many!
Or be able to sing sensitive songs on the acoustic guitar, that's what I do.

controlio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Dr. Canuck said:
Here's the truth. It pisses me off but it's true. Some people will say it's not true but deep down we all know it. There's a large population of females that, for whatever reason, like being treated like shit by their boyfriends. How many times have you seen a great girl going out with some d-bag? Too many times, too many!
...thats true, sadly...

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Cablephish said:
You know how girls like those clowns, or jocks and stuff? That's all temporary. If you really want a steady girlfriend, you'd have to talk to them. It's not always the girl talking to the guy, unless they're really hammered. But don't try to net one as soon as possible. Look around, have patience, and don't worry.

Happy hunting!
smileipb2.png

i wish it was temporary but it's not. the Cablephish described girls go on to become the Dr. Canuck described girls. :/

Dr. Canuck said:

--

da_head said:
in my experience, it's important to make a good first impression, and sweep em off their feet. i used to follow the "nice guy" get to know em for a few months technique. the thing is, the closer you are to being their best friend, the farther you are from being their boyfriend. pretty stupid eh? happy hunting mate

hmmm i guess i'm going to have to put myself more out there. i sense many rejections in the near future but hopefully it'll also improve my chances of actualy landing one.

--

QUOTE(MADKATZ99 @ Mar 22 2009, 11:07 AM) Get someone pregnant!!

QUOTE(kevenka @ Mar 22 2009, 04:38 AM)
hmmm, spend time with multiple girls and just ask one you are particularly interested in. If she says no, just realize it was not meant to be and find another =)
That's my logic with it ^^
Hope it helps,
Kevin

one of these two options is a good idea. unfortunately i haven't been able to get that far yet. it's hard enough talking to one girl once in a while. "mutilple" is just not happening.

--

as a programer with a 9 to 6 job its hard getting out on weekdays. and on weekends i usually go out with coworkers (female programers = not exist). so clubs and pubs are the norm. i'll have to blow off my only friends if i wanna meet girls in other places.

how did you guys meet your girlfriends?

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I met mine online, when I wasn't looking. No, no, not that eharmony or match.com crap. We met on a shoe forum called Niketalk, turns out, she lived 10 minutes away from me. We had a lot in common and our chats on AIM were always lively, it's like I've known her forever, like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a long time. Oh, she's a gamer too, she loves Kingdom Hearts and Need for Speed Most Wanted...and somehow she owned me in Brawl when she played the FIRST time. She plays SSB, Pokemon Stadium, and Paper Mario on the N64 too... but yeah, she's the best.

I suggest just don't look, the right one will come to you when you least expect it. When I was looking for girls before...I had no luck, just started to get more anxious and anxious. Dont be afraid of the friend zone, I was before with my girlfriend, I thought she was going to friendzone me. But now, she's my bestfriend, AND my girlfriend!
biggrin.gif
Another good thing to do is get close to the girl you like, but just don't act like a brother, don't do things that a brother would do...and give her hints to let her know you're interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1