Gaming How do you rate samus returns

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well me personally have played original metroid, GB metroid 2, super metroid, zero mission, metriod fusion, and the nds metroid (also the pinball one too).

I rate zero mission as the best then super metroid. This new one I think is pretty decent, but I've only got as far as the ice beam so there's still a lot to play.

What do you guys think

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how you aim your gun it is very streamlined I think. The new alien powers are weird though but not bad

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well me personally have played original metroid, GB metroid 2, super metroid, zero mission, metriod fusion, and the nds metroid (also the pinball one too).

I rate zero mission as the best then super metroid. This new one I think is pretty decent, but I've only got as far as the ice beam so there's still a lot to play.

What do you guys think
My 2 cents ?
Fusion it's the best , not eccessive complicated like the snes One

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game is awesome, the thing i think is funny about it is they stole it from a hacker, and a bunch of hackers in turn stole it from them.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot who the guy was, but he had this game made into a demo version a long time ago and nin slapped him with a cease and desist, now they have this game come out.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I haven't played super metroid in a really long time, and finished zero mission a few months ago. But part is the aiming I'd say, idk zm just plays smoother, and the ad on with the space pirates at the end I thought was cool. I plan on beating samus returns then playing super m to play in chronological order of the story

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed it seems like there's only about 5 different enemies in this game other than the metroids... kinda lame there

MasterSe7en

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game is awesome, the thing i think is funny about it is they stole it from a hacker, and a bunch of hackers in turn stole it from them.

Ok let's just get some things straight

A guy by the name of Milton Guasti made a game called Another Metroid 2 Remake, AM2R for short, the day after the game was released to the public, Nintendo sent him a dmca, so he was forced to take down the game (which you can still get if you Google it).

The sole reason that they sent him that dmca literally the day after it as release was because legally they couldn't threaten or ask him to cease and desist.something that was never released yet, so that meant that they had been watching the progress for the reason being: they had already started development of Samus returns.

So they didn't rip it off of a hacker, a DEVELOPER actuality ripped it off of Nintendo (Metroid 2) which in turn they shut him down and made their own remake of their own game.

But to answer those questions below, the name of the game is AM2R it's for pc, it is EXCELLENT I highly recommend it to any Metroid fans, and the new samus returns is also EXCELLENT, they're both awesome games, but you're a big super Metroid fan like myself, you'll love AM2R it's basically super Metroid but Metroid 2 story

So there no one hacked anything Nintendo stole nothing...and I rate saMus returns great, but still not better than super Metroid....they should remake super Metroid with all the new graphics, but new kick ass cut scenes, but definitely leave the rest the same...I like being able to get lost trying find where I have to go next...I seriously hate when I game tells me exactly where I have to go with a gps waypoint...just give me the clues and I'll do the rest myself...like remembering a door I couldn't open because I didn't have super missiles and now I did..but shit I gotta remember which door that was on the map...

Anyway sorry just my 2 cents

saphiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bear in mind I haven't had the time to play through SR to completion yet. I've 100%ed the original though.

The free-aim can be really nice but I don't like how it locks you in place. I don't like how they added the enemy charging behaviors, it feels like they intentionally made the combat more melee-intensive to draw your attention away from how janky aiming can be (as well as more involved in general). The scanner is really kinda overkill, I preferred looking for unusual gaps in the map for secrets and the scanner makes it redundant - plus I feel like Super's Scan Visor was a better solution for in-room secret hunting. I don't like how they changed walljump movement to Fusion-like (guaranteed outward arc away from the surface) and I hate that there are walls where walljumps abitrarily don't work. I do appreciate that infinite bombjumps are possible though.

Checkpoints feel like a bit of a cop-out - I appreciate *not* having to run back from the save station to try a metroid fight again, but that kinda brings up two issues for me - the "mechanic-ifying" of the metroid fights, and breaking consistency for accessibility. There was nothing wrong with "run around dodging and spam missiles" in Metroid II - basically, see my conjecture about the change in combat style for my issue here. The issue of consistency is a bigger deal to me and unfortunately kinda harder to articulate. I'll summarize my opinions on it as "Non-save station checkpoints are lazy design shortcuts" and "Making combat more prominent in an exploration game is ultimately damaging."

Biggest complaint though: circle pad movement. Just why. Squishy controls have no place in Metroid. They make movement feel sluggish, walljumping imprecise, and aiming finicky.

I'll probably have some time tomorrow to actually thoroughly play through this though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1