Homebrew How do I turn GBA VC games to Roms for emulators?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions I like help with.
  1. For GBA games on wii u, how do i turn it into a rom to use on emulators?
  2. How do i create a ips patch from the rom to patch other roms with? (In case i wanna use it with other rom hacks)
  3. If there is multiple versions of the same rom (Example revision a/B/C Ver. 01, 02) how do i know which rom is using to know what rom to patch it with?
I only ask cause i have a few GBA games on wii u that been improved like Super mario advance 4 or Mega man battle network series, that i wanna use with emulators. These roms have special mods in place by the ports to do things intended by real gba that isn't possible with emulation so that is why.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't give you a link here, but on [here is no name of a ROM distribution website] (try to find the website with google) you probably can find the ROMs e.g. "Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Virtual Console)" (they probably always end with '(Virtual Console)').
As for which ROM you need as base for patching. That should be communicated on the site you downloaded the patch or in a textfile within the archive you got the ips with.

Last edited by VitaType,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't give you a link here, but on website removed(try to find the website with google) you probably can find the ROMs e.g. "Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Virtual Console)" (they probably always end with '(Virtual Console)') as for which ROM you need as base for patching. That should be communicated on the site you downloaded the patch or in a textfile within the archive you got the ips with.
You probably want to edit your post before a mod sees it as it's against site rules to even name the site you named.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: VitaType

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after looking a bit more, I manged to find a way to extract roms. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure why.

I managed to extract 2 roms but the rest I wanted to didn't work. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. CLICK HERE for the link to the extraction program.

So far the rom worked, Mega man battle network 4 red sun extracted and plays on VBA, the others i could not get to extract, so I appreciate some test or help. Now next steps it to create a ips patch from it to use with rom hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters