Homebrew how do i fixed bricked vwii

brendanskywalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need your friends help. my vwii was bricked and I need a true recovery. As in Most files such as the menu the titles everything is missing. Could you please help me out man.

Huntermk8 was the member that helped me. He was able to walk me through it and is far more knowledgeable in this area than myself. I'd contact him and see if he can be of help.

D

Deleted User

Huntermk8 was the member that helped me. He was able to walk me through it and is far more knowledgeable in this area than myself. I'd contact him and see if he can be of help.
I can walk you through it. I understand how to use homebrew. I'm a advanced user.

JDactal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
issue has been resolved with help from another member by using the FTP from Wii U HBC and replacing vWii sys files. Bricked vWii's can be brought back from the unbrickable!
Can you explain exactly how you did this. I'm in a similar situation and don't know how to fix it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

guys i unbricked my vwii
Can you explain exactly how you did this. I'm in the exact same situation and don't know how to fix it.

D

Deleted User

Can you explain exactly how to did this? I'm in a similar situation and don't know how to fix it.
first off how did you brick?

Can you explain exactly how to did this? I'm in a similar situation and don't know how to fix it.
ok so you installed wii wads. What wads did you install?

D

Deleted User

I did the same thing as the guy who originally started this thread.
So you overwrite vWii IOS'es with Wii ones. The best would be to ask someone for backup (Either outside of GBATemp or you can hit me up on Discord) or restore your own backup.

JDactal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you overwrite vWii IOS'es with Wii ones. The best would be to ask someone for backup (Either outside of GBATemp or you can hit me up on Discord) or restore your own backup.
I don't have a backup, and @monkeyman4412 tried to help me earlier today, but it just wouldn't work. He sent my his nand backup but it still wouldn't work.

D

Deleted User

can you tell me how to do it through mac?
Uhm, I never had Mac myself but it kinda works the same way as Linux.
Go to that folder with wupserver and right-click on blank space in this folder location and open in terminal, then execute wupserver and input Wii U IP. Other than that, I don't really know, I will redirect you to a post where it's detailed. (But for commands only)

JDactal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, I never had Mac myself but it kinda works the same way as Linux.
Go to that folder with wupserver and right-click on blank space in this folder location and open in terminal, then execute wupserver and input Wii U IP. Other than that, I don't really know, I will redirect you to a post where it's detailed. (But for commands only)
If I do a system transfer on my WiiU to that same WiiU, will it reset all vwii so I can use my vwii again?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh.

Can I take it to GameStop or something?
If you're under warranty, maybe. It depends on how bricked the Wii is. If it's fully bricked so they aren't able to recover it through their usual means, they might not check thoroughly for homebrew, but normally they will check for homebrew and just send it back to you. Still it's worth a try, worst case scenario they just send it back to you without fixing it.

BUGBRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was installing riiconnect24 i putted in IOS31 and 80 but the IOS80 i had was only for wii so i bricked my vwii,when i try to load vwii,the only thing that popped up was the wii logo in the agmepad and thats it
if anyone knows how to fix it,post a comment here

(RC24 maybe making a vwii version rn)
Did you fix it

Justin MOntney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got ftpiiu server on my wiiu and the client on my computer. I was wondering if someone could send me some clean vwii sys files and tell me how to patch things up...

I am never going to load wii cios on my vwii ever again lesson learned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ