Homebrew How do I combine files from multi split files?

Thelonelylonergamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there is a FAQ page in the ISO website that answers this question, but i feel like it's not specific enough, and i would really appreciate it if someone gives me a thorough step-by-step explanation of to combine multiple files of a game.

Last edited by Cyan,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think you mean a particular pirate website.
The mention of pirate websites or sources where you get your warez from is prohibited here.

Now, if the game comes in .r00, .r01 etc or .part1 .part2 or whatever, you can just click on one of the rar files and extract it.

D

Deleted User

Make sure you have every part of the compressed folder in the same place and decompress.

Edit: Better call it the ISO Site.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the warning. But can you tell exactly how to combine the files please?
if it's a format that @DinohScene mentioned, follow what he said. sometimes the files will be intentionally corrupted, so that they won't get deleted from file sharing sites. if that's the case and it's a .par2 file for example, you can use a program like quickpar to fix the files

Edit: i probably should have started with this. what type of file is it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also noticed that the site tells you exactly how to do it in the faq. it's question #3

Thelonelylonergamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a format that @DinohScene mentioned, follow what he said. sometimes the files will be intentionally corrupted, so that they won't get deleted from file sharing sites. if that's the case and it's a .par2 file for example, you can use a program like quickpar to fix the files

Edit: i probably should have started with this. what type of file is it?

i also noticed that the site tells you exactly how to do it in the faq. it's question #3
I think it is a .rar file

I know the site tells you how, but once i finished downloading a game and pressed extract on the first file when i opened winrar. The game didnt work, so i probally did it wrong

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know the site tells you how, but once i finished downloading a game and pressed extract on the first file when i opened winrar. The game didnt work, so i probally did it wrong
did you press extract all? also, your computer might not be powerful enough to emulate the game you downloaded

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Select/Highlight all targeted files such as the ones mentioned above by Dinoscene (.r00, .r01)
2. Right Click on any of the selected files and press "extract all"
3. Wait for process to complete
4. ???
5. Profit!

Helpful programs are WinRaR or the one i use 7-zip.

Thelonelylonergamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you press extract all? also, your computer might not be powerful enough to emulate the game you downloaded
Ok so i finished downloading all of the files, then i put all of the four files in a new folder. After that, i right clicked the first file and press extract here. After that was done extracting, a new single file of the compressed files were made. So i open the file, and it says, "the archive is in an unknown format or is damaged. Any ideas why it's not working, i probally did the whole process wrong

Thelonelylonergamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Select/Highlight all targeted files such as the ones mentioned above by Dinoscene (.r00, .r01)
2. Right Click on any of the selected files and press "extract all"
3. Wait for process to complete
4. ???
5. Profit!

Helpful programs are WinRaR or the one i use 7-zip.
When highlight all of my files and right click, there's no option to "extract all." instead, multiple options show up, like "add to archive," "compress to (name of the folder).rar," "extract files," "extract here," "extract each archive to seprate folder," and finally, "extract to hz-smg2\ (im trying to get super mario galaxy 2)

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i finished downloading all of the files, then i put all of the four files in a new folder. After that, i right clicked the first file and press extract here. After that was done extracting, a new single file of the compressed files were made. So i open the file, and it says, "the archive is in an unknown format or is damaged. Any ideas why it's not working, i probally did the whole process wrong
I assume your using dolphin right?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The FAQ on that site is as clear as the day.

pZ9n9SY.png

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe the file you got from the multi was already in .iso? It might be better to get a different file, from a different site, just because.
That could be the case. WinRAR can be associated with ISOs, and if he had it set up that way it would give that error, since Wii discs are not using a standard file system.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there is a FAQ page in the ISO website that answers this question, but i feel like it's not specific enough, and i would really appreciate it if someone gives me a thorough step-by-step explanation of to combine multiple files of a game.
if you have a buch of files like 002 and 003 and a par2 file i suggest you use quickpar and then open the par 2 file with it they click repair

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time