Homebrew How do I change the splash for apps on the home menu?

VictorMoreno015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example if I wanted to replace the splash screen for Mario Kart 8 to a picture of a hi res cover art or something, is it possible to do so? I'm using a wup installer to install these

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example if I wanted to replace the splash screen for Mario Kart 8 to a picture of a hi res cover art or something, is it possible to do so? I'm using a wup installer to install these
You can, but it's complicated, and in th case of MK8, it'd likely interfere with the intro there the logo starts moving and transitions to the title.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there is a known method for changing boot images for WUP Wii U or Eshop files but if someone does i would like to know myself. The only thing i can tell you is how to change boot images for Loadiine and VC games (which includes WUP install for VC with the right tool).

First get the program Paint.NET. You should be able to export the image you want to use to tga but if problems occur there are others means to convert the images (google). You need to resize your boot image to 1280x720 and rename it bootTvTex.tga. If you want to do the gamepad as well then make a copy of your image and resize it to 854x480 and rename it bootDrcTex.tga. When you are saving the images it will show you some settings, make sure image compression is turned OFF or the Wii U will not recognize them. Lastly get the program TgaVerify (you will need Python 2.7 installed for it to work). Create a folder named meta and insert the program and images into it (image names are case sensitive), it will scan them and should tell you if there are any problems. That is it.

I was going to share a link for a batch injection tool for WUP that greatly simplifies VC injection but im not sure if its okay to share here. You can PM me if you're interested.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents