PS1/2 How can i undo FreeDvdBoot ESR patch on .iso?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using an ESR patcher permanently changes data at (I believe) 2-3 different locations on the disc - one of which is to change the disc type information to make it report as a DVD Video instead of software on a DVD disc. It is even more drastic of a change if the original disc was a CD not a DVD. To the best of my knowledge this is NOT reversible via any available software, since even if it is technically possible, it would be less effort and more accurate to simply redump the disc.

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using an ESR patcher permanently changes data at (I believe) 2-3 different locations on the disc - one of which is to change the disc type information to make it report as a DVD Video instead of software on a DVD disc. It is even more drastic of a change if the original disc was a CD not a DVD. To the best of my knowledge this is NOT reversible via any available software, since even if it is technically possible, it would be less effort and more accurate to simply redump the disc.

Do you know what's the difference between ESR Disc Patcher, ESRPatchJava, FDVDB ESR Patcher GUI and ESRPatcher Pro?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know what's the difference between ESR Disc Patcher, ESRPatchJava, FDVDB ESR Patcher GUI and ESRPatcher Pro?
They both do the exact same thing - patching the ISO to be bootable via the ESR application. It modifies the layout in such a way to make it look as if it was a DVD Video. This method will not work with CDs, and therefore a chip is required to do so.

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They both do the exact same thing - patching the ISO to be bootable via the ESR application. It modifies the layout in such a way to make it look as if it was a DVD Video. This method will not work with CDs, and therefore a chip is required to do so.

I thought that but I guess there should be a difference between all of them because if not why would there be so many different tools? I've read CDs must be converted to DVDs so that ESR can read them.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I thought that but I guess there should be a difference between all of them because if not why would there be so many different tools?
You named 4 programs, there are much more to make a PSP CSO lol (which also come in a variety of platforms and command line vs GUI, only one has a "significant" difference in that it allows you to not compress known lossy media files, but the result is still a "standard" CSO)

I've read CDs must be converted to DVDs so that ESR can read them.
So that the mechacon can read them - they're movie DVDs as far as the console is concerned, and you can't have a DVD-Video on a CD (unless you try hard enough and make something that violates the standard and the PS2, made by a movie major who is also the co-inventor of both the CD and the DVD, doesn't support) :)

"ESR patch" = convert a PS2 disc, which is pure ISO9660, to also have an UDF 1.02 filesystem (DVD-Video standard) containing the smallest possible DVD movie

ESR the homebrew = PS2 homebrew that tries to runs these discs (accepted by the console for being DVD-Video) with custom drivers that simulate an ISO9660 only data DVD

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You named 4 programs, there are much more to make a PSP CSO lol (which also come in a variety of platforms and command line vs GUI, only one has a "significant" difference in that it allows you to not compress known lossy media files, but the result is still a "standard" CSO)

So that the mechacon can read them - they're movie DVDs as far as the console is concerned, and you can't have a DVD-Video on a CD (unless you try hard enough and make something that violates the standard and the PS2, made by a movie major who is also the co-inventor of both the CD and the DVD, doesn't support) :)

"ESR patch" = convert a PS2 disc, which is pure ISO9660, to also have an UDF 1.02 filesystem (DVD-Video standard) containing the smallest possible DVD movie

ESR the homebrew = PS2 homebrew that tries to runs these discs (accepted by the console for being DVD-Video) with custom drivers that simulate an ISO9660 only data DVD

And why are there so many programs for doing the same things?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...