PS1/2 how can i play US ps2/ps1 games on JAP slim ps2 ?

El Rosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, first of all I apologize if this has been answered before, or it's in the wrong section. If so please be kind to redirect me to the thread/section.

Long story short: I want to buy a japanese PINK slim ps2 ( SCPH-77000 i believe) and all I want to be able to do is play US ps1 and ps2 games. I have searched and learned but can't find a definite answer.

I have researched and found about Swap Magic, Free McBoot and Memor 32, but I am *almost* certain that those would only work on a US ps2 to play imported games, and it has to be via a back up or external drive (McBoot and Memor32, and If I am missing something please let me know)

Also I read about the Matrix Infinity mod chip which I understand takes the region lock away. But I don't know where to get it and who could mod it for me.

Researching I found this site and thought maybe someone would be able to help me out. Thanks in advance to everyone who reads.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For ps2 games.

Swap magic will work fine, but you'll have to find the Japanese version of it. Not an easy task, as the USA and Pal versions were far more common. Needs the console to be sensor modded (basically tape down the lid switches, so the console doesn't know you have opened the lid).

Memor 32 is pointless now, free memory card boot can do the same.

FMCB + ESR will let you play, but the games have to be burnt copies as you have to patch them. You can't launch orignal discs. Or you can launch opl from FMCB and load games over network.

Matrix infinity is a long out of production chip, that's no longer available. Other chips are still available, like the modbo 4 http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/modbo-4.0.html, which is a perfect clone of the matrix infinity. A chip will give you direct boot of ps2+ps1 imports.

For ps1 games.

Chip will give you direct boot of imports.

FMCB+ psxlauncher.elf will let you disc swap to boot them. You'll need a Japanese original game & the sensor mod to make it work.

El Rosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I guess modbo chip would be the best way to go, Now I just have to find someone that can install it for me! Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo