How can I batch "out" 150 GBA games?

cramhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have loads of gba roms I want to chuck on a SD card and play on a GBA SP. I have a Supercard SD and am "outting" the roms one by one using the super card software. Its taking ages there software must freeze for about 3 minutes while exporting each rom. Wouldn't life be easier if I could out all of them at once in a batch? Is it possible? I've tried shift select, ctrl+A but can only choose 1 rom at a time.
Thanks
Jaime

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try clicking the first game on the list and while holding shift click the last game on the list, everything in between should be highlighted.
I believe I have done it before, but its been way too long and do remember you will have some incompatibility with certain roms, and it will freeze or error out and you may have to import games where u left off on to the software excluding the problem one. Some errors can be fixed and get it working if you tinker with the settings.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What version are you using? It works fine with latest 2.71

http://eng.supercard.sc/soft_sd.htm (on top, software)

Start the software, add rom.. Click first rom, hold shift and click to the last rom you want to include in the selection, release shift. Click open to start converting the batch.
Works like copy/paste on text. Though by experience i advice you do them ten by ten, many errors can pop up and fuck up the whole folder. I know, it suck.

cramhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh silly me. I could add all the roms fine. I though i had to select each rom individualy and press out, I didnt realise it was outing all the roms I added until I checked the out folder
wacko.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you have to check all the outed games to see if they actually work. It was a major annoyance to me with the Supercard SD that different games required different settings to run. Like some worked with "restart" while others didn't, or they would run slow without "restart" (some just ran slow regardless). Some needed a saver patch while others didn't, some would work with real-time-save while others didn't. And then, some games just don't work no matter what you do. Then there are also some games, such as that Sega 4-game compilation (Outrun, Hang-On, AfterBurner, Space Harrier), where when it was converted one way would allow 3 of the 4 games to work, and converting another way would allow a different 3 games to work, but you could never get all 4 to work. Some games like a different converter version to convert properly.

Lot's of trial and error getting GBA games to run correctly on a Supercard SD. Trust me, you'll likely find many of them don't work as converted and you will have to mess around with options and install multiple versions of the converter and re-out many of them before they will boot.

A Supercard miniSD was my first GBA flashcart, I remember how much of a PITA it was to dork around with the converter options to make all the games actually work. And I set up my GBA and DS to be "pocket arcades" so I know all about the hassles with converting the games. Many, MANY hours were spent verifying them, and many more re-converting until I found the settings that worked for individual games.

If you actually batch convert 150 games for that Supercard SD and they ALL work and save, I'd be amazed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44