Hardware How about a Gameboy style device for the Wii?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I had this silly idea where you could get a Gameboy style device that interacts with the Wii, for these sort of features:

Wi-fi & bluetooth connection to link up to the Wii so you can download/transfer Pocket VC games and MP3/video files and also connection with a PC.
Built in emulators for all GameBoy platforms, Neo Geo Pocket Colour, WonderSwan Colour, Game Gear & Atari Lynx.
Built in media player of course it may not be able to play proper Avi/Mpeg etc but special GB video files.
512mb built in memory which can be used to store music, games and video files.
SD slot.
4 player wireless link up.
2 shoulder buttons, thumbstick (NGCP style), start select buttons and A B X Y buttons.
Headphone port.
Rechargable battery lasting 20 hours, rechargeable through USB port.
Size wise, screen would be as big as a regular GBA but the look would be a larger GBA Micro.

Nothing original of course but it would be a fairly cheap device and would continue the GameBoy brand. Ok NDS could be used for VC pocket games but it would be a pain to have to keep transferring games over and a storage card for DS would still cost money. Could be profitable for Nintendo as most people already have a NDS and the Classic Controller has done well as people prefer to use that to the other controller options. A lot of people would like GB and other portable games come to the VC store but some games would look terrible on a big TV and well some of us like playing GB games on a handheld. Also would be nice if some kind of connectivity like the GC had with the GBA but this time it would work as people are buying Wii's

Just an idea, may be silly.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The NDS needs a Slot 1&2 combination for storing mp3s, movies, Wifi demos, Wii VC games and running it's own download shop service. Making a new device for the stuff you wrote makes no sense because the DS can do all that and is pretty cheap already and Nintendo does certainly not want to split it's most important core market themselves.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NDS needs a Slot 1&2 combination for storing mp3s, movies, Wifi demos, Wii VC games and running it's own download shop service. Making a new device for the stuff you wrote makes no sense because the DS can do all that and is pretty cheap already and Nintendo does certainly not want to split it's most important core market themselves.
Yeah I know, I just thought maybe at least a singular screen device for retro nuts like me who prefer playing GBA on a GBA as it doesn't feel right on NDS for some reason. Crap idea but you know theres been worst that have happened!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok