Can I use partitioned external HDD for file storage PLUS hacked Wii activity?

pchivell92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Title essentially. Thanks to everyone in this community for staying active. Very much enjoying my softmodded Wii in 2022 =).

I'm not doing hardcore file storage but would like to part of my new Seagate Expansion 1tb to transfer files like movies/shows from main PC to laptop and other devices.
Can I use my device to do this, plus use partition for storing games? Both Wii and GameCube? What's the limit? I'm playing mostly SSBB, Mario Kart, and will be getting some of the other Mario Party games. For NGC, I'm planning mostly Zelda games or other classics.

Thanks!!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U can use ntfs for wii games but not gc games. Ripping games from wii to ntfs, and generally writing to ntfs using the wii is not super stable and could corrupt data on the drive. Hbc doesn't read from ntfs, but forwarder channels can launch apps from ntfs. Basically if u have an SD card for covers, apps, and don't care about GC games (or have them on SD), and don't plan on ripping games direct from wii to ntfs then you can get away with formatting your drive as 100% ntfs

Another option is u can partition the drive into 2 parts, the 1st fat32 and the 2nd ntfs

ModMii can help with all of this

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...