OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mightymo.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't load up House Of The Dead 2 &3. The question has been asked all over the internet and the solution was to go into option, choose alt.dol and set to ask, then choose either HOD2.dol or HOD3.dol and match it up with the game. After I choose either dol and press A, CFG USB Loader locks up the Wii, have to hard restart. Can someone please try and post the results. Thanks!

I have a completely updated Wii, including d2x v7 249 &250.

mightymo77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mightymo.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't use alt dol's anymore with d2x. Did you try just booting it with the default dol?

Let me fire up my copy and see whats going on...

Works fine. Is "Block IOS Reload" enabled? It needs to be. CFG Loader v70, 249 d2x v7 for me.

Hmm really? Well this was only brought to my attention by a friend of mine. We both have CFG USB Loader v70, d2x v7 249.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you're POSITIVE that "Block IOS Reload" is ENABLED for this game? (in fact, it should be enabled globally)

Post your settings? Otherwise, you might just have a bad ISO. I didn't have to change any options for mine, and I never HAVE changed any options in CFG loader aside from the view type.

mightymo77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mightymo.net
XP
Country
United States
Well since d2x v6, when I load any Wii game, it says "IOS Reload Blocked" (or something similar, not looking at my TV right now). But yes, I did go into options, Bloack IOS Reload was set to Auto, but I changed it to Yes, then saved those settings.

mightymo77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mightymo.net
XP
Country
United States
OK I had another HD with the same file from my first drive, and this other one booted right up without any changes to the options. This brings up another question. I just copied the .wbfs folders over, so how can one work and not the other? I guess it somehow got corrupted during the transfer? That's odd.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Corruption can happen. Maybe you were a little too fast unplugging the HDD from the PC? Ive done that a couple of times :P

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corruption is possible, it's also possible your other hard drive may just not be as compatible.

But it sounds like you got it working then? Or if not you're like one step away. Just copy the game back to the hard drive then, if it works you're golden, if not then your hard drive may be incompatible or on the fritz.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
i am having this problem on wii flow but usb loader gx plays hotd3 no probs neither play on wiiflow alt .dol on
my hard drive is new only had it 2 weeks

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is old as hell but I'm having problems with the game myself and I don't want to waste space with another thread.

I can get the game to load properly but while playing HotD2, after you pass the first civilian you can save, the game's music stops, all the dialogue stops (sound effects keep playing), and if you keep going the game eventually stops loading textures and character models. Trying to exit the game once it starts behaving like this causes the Wii to just hang at a black screen.

I verified the ISO's SHA-1 hash as good with Wii Backup Manager and I have been able to play HotD3 without any problems. I've read online that HotD2 has some quirks about it so what's the trick to getting this puppy to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0