'Horizon Forbidden West' gets new cinematic trailer

horizon.PNG

In anticipation of Horizon Forbidden West's release next week, Sony has aired a new cinematic trailer for the game today:

Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West, a deadly frontier that conceals mysterious new threats. Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon.

Horizon Forbidden West launches next Friday, February 18th, on PS4 and PS5 systems.

:arrow: SOURCE

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In anticipation of Horizon Forbidden West's release next week, Sony has aired a new cinematic trailer for the game today:

Horizon Forbidden West launches next Friday, February 18th, on PS4 and PS5 systems.

:arrow: SOURCE

I am going to 100% Zero Dawn before I get this one. I have been looking forward to Forbidden West for a long time...

JayPea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Elaborate please? What about it has it's hooks in you, whereas the first did not? I never got into the first either, and have not played the 2nd, so hearing your reasons would be interesting.
Couple of things, but mainly the parkour system is much more interesting which makes finding your way across the city far more entertaining, especially when you're in a 'chase' sequence. The mix of blind panic and having to think on your feet (and hands!) is quite exhilerating. The cut scenes where the story plays out have also had a notable bump in quality with the lip synching being pretty bang-on, adding another level of immersion. I'm also quite intrigued by the story and keen to see where it goes, until HFW comes out ofc - but will defo cycle back to it in my downtime from the incoming packed schedule of PS5 releases. If you have specific questions, ask away :)

If I had to moan about it then 1080P@60 is a bit disappointing but my OLED upscales it admirably. They should add some other quality settings (ie 1440@40 with RT, looks like the headroom is there to do it) but that's where my grumbling stops. More than happy with everything else.

Last edited by JayPea,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm ready for it but my wallet :gun: :sad:

I bought GT7 instead which is what I'm mostly awaiting, maybe 3 months after release I could buy Horizon when Sony make a good deal on it...

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying really hard to not buy it till it's a bit cheaper but the FOMO is real. The only thing stopping me at this point is the fear of the potential cost of Storm Eunice damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry