Hacking Homebrew wishlist

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zarxrax said:
but most of all, I would simply want a movie playing app like moonshell, which can play h.264 videos at the system's full resolution.
I'm pretty sure PSVita will do that out of the box. With 3DS' hardware, however, it's not possible.

But I would already be satisfied with a decent MPEG-4 (XviD/DivX) player. There was already one for DS (could menage only around 12 fps), so I believe it could be ported relatively easily, provided 3DS is hacked.

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
older emulation..

also I REALLY want to see a 3D demo scene... I'm talking like old school amiga scene demo coders.. I know, I know, they exist on PC but it isn't the same.. I could only imagine some of the awesome effects they could pull off with the 3DS!

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
jochendude said:
Just a gamecube emulator
smile.gif
That's about as unlikely and as awesome of an idea as growing a second penis. Neither are going to happen, unfortunately.

I dunno, that second one could happen within the next thousand's of years.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about a n63 emulator and one where it could also make the games in autostereoscopic 3d?not the best 3d like games specificalyy written for 3ds but, it should be possible to have it do some sort of 3d effect,like those boxes they sell/used to sell for non hd tv's that have active switching glasses and have composite input so that you can put any input plike a dvd player or vcr od game system into it and it will convert it to 3d, also 8 and 16 bit system emulators that do the same thing ,like add the new excitebike like 3d effet to the games,although i havent seen the 3d excitebike yet so im not so sure how good the effect is

another really cool thing i have in mind ,(but it would also involve a slight hardware mod ),would be a 3d facetime like app for the 3ds, but you would need to flip the pcb in the top lid that is a slim rectangular pcb that has the 3 camera components mounted on it,around 180 degrees,they could make some some cheap case replacement that has 3 holes for the cameras to see out of on both the inside and outside of the top of the lid and have some sort of spring loaded mechanisim that would pop the cameras up out of the top of the lid and allow you to spin them 180 degrees and then push them back in ,kinda like the sd slots where you push on the card to make it pop out,or it could just lift out

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
3ds local media player/file explorer
3ds cpuz type app
gb, gbc, gba, virtualboy, nes, snes, n64 emulator
genesis, 32x, cd, saturn, dreamcast emulator
browser with plugins
overclocking app

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Half-Life would be perfectly possible, considering the smaller resolution of the 3ds screen & the fact that the game looks like ass by modern standards, however it would have to be completely rewriten from scratch and you would need a really good documentation of the hardware. (which 3dbrew really isn't at this point)
One day, maybe?

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i want a proper homebrew game like a game should be. 3ds craft is just uh oh errr...........just fine then :s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up