Homebrew: get IRONFALL from 3DS eShop before Nintendo takes it down, it's free

CLSODpOUYAAXwQn.jpg

Famous 3DS hacker @smealum just posted a statement on his Twitter feed informing us that the game IRONFALL, currently available for free on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, contains security breaches potentially allowing anyone to run 3DS homebrew.

When I mean anyone it really is anyone, including owners of the New 3DS, under any firmware version. See update below. Get it fast before Nintendo takes it down!

:arrow: Source: smealum's Twitter

Nathan Drake Update: It's being reported that the game will only actually boot on 9.5+ currently. Please keep that in mind.

Ericzander Update: According to Smealum on Twitter, the Ironhax exploit will NOT require Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time. The game has been taken off of the European eShop.

smealum Update: the Ironfall hack will result in the same possibilities as the Ninjhack - homebrew, regionfree, custom themes, tdvs...

Last edited by Ericzander,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Could anyone point me to what this could allow, I have no 3ds hack knowledge and tbh mine is largely gathering dust.

I was thinking of getting a new3DSxl just for xenonblade and the circle pad to get back into MH4.

Will this hack allow backup launching, if so I will pick up a new 3DSxl before the game gets taken down.

If not I won't bother.
This will give you access to the homebrew channel which will let you play user developed apps (I believe there's one that lets you get unlimited Play Coins and one that lets you access Facebook in a way) but it will also allow you access to emulators for NES, SNES, and GBA. There might be more. This will not let you play backups of 3DS games. For that you need a either a Sky3DS or a 9.2 or lower system with either custom firmware or a Gateway card.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This will give you access to the homebrew channel which will let you play user developed apps (I believe there's one that lets you get unlimited Play Coins and one that lets you access Facebook in a way) but it will also allow you access to emulators for NES, SNES, and GBA. There might be more. This will not let you play backups of 3DS games. For that you need a either a Sky3DS or a 9.2 or lower system with either custom firmware or a Gateway card.
Thanks Ericzander I wouldn't really play emulator's on a portable and I buy any game's that I actually want so Gateway etc have never appealed so I think I will stick with my 3dsxl for now, play around with some homebrew on that and then upgrade to a new xl when final fantasy explorer's comes out

Reactions: Ericzander

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't have a 3DS yet , can i make an account on PC and grab the game in my download list ? I have a Wii if that matters

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a 3DS yet , can i make an account on PC and grab the game in my download list ? I have a Wii if that matters

No. Since this is not a Sony or Microsoft product, as such, it has no sort of download queuing system.
With Nintendo, No 3DS = No Download.

It is disappointing to see Nintendo have a nice digital shop but then to have their account systems about as nice as Xbox Live was on the original Xbox when you go to buy and download the Halo 2 DLC maps or the ToeJam & Earl III DLC.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
FTFY. As a Nintendo fan stuff like this drives me bananas.
Honestly though, @flo would be in the same predicament with Sony/Microsoft because having a game on your account != having it on your system. Sony has shown they can and will stop downloads even after you've purchased them if the game is a security risk.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... If I have a new3ds and a gateway, would this potentially help me install the mset exploit without Zelda or Cubic and use happily Gateway forever?
If you can somehow manage to get and run this game in <=9.2 fw, then yes (hint: game only runs on 9.5+). Otherwise, no gateway; this is not a kernel/arm9/whatever hack which allows piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?