Postal2 kind of game?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

kikinaak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see a 2d game maker, a platformer engine you can import graphics into to end up with something like maple story / odin sphere.

Speaking of which, I cant code my way out of a paper bag, but I can do some half decent art. Anyone know any good tutorials on making a platformer?

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for Cave Story DS. Seems like the project stalled quite a while ago.

kikinaak said:
I'd love to see a 2d game maker, a platformer engine you can import graphics into to end up with something like maple story / odin sphere.

Speaking of which, I cant code my way out of a paper bag, but I can do some half decent art. Anyone know any good tutorials on making a platformer?
You could check out PAlib. They have a day-by-day tutorial that includes some basic rundown on a simple platformer.
http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php
Some people frown on PAlib, but you've gotta start somewhere. The upside is if you get better you can fairly easily port back to libnds.

kikinaak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice link MaelstromVale, thanks for the info. I've made several abortive attempts to learn C, I make a mean hello world.
But trying to wrap my head around coding for the DS, thats driven up Advils stock price. Mostly the dual CPU stuff.
These palib tutorials look a lot more complete than the (abandoned?) ones over at dev-scene though, so hopefully I'll have better luck.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A.R.C
Attack Retrieve Capture. ARC. it was a free MPOG for the longest time, picked up by different places over the years and most recently dropped by serria. I think the DS could handle this and it would be an awesome game if the WIFI got implemented again. I'd really like to remake this game that I've played for too many years...
Viddy The Game Play

But.. I won't lie I have very little Programming experience....I still need to try out the examples in the PALIB tutorials....so you probably won't see me working on this anytime soon. (but maybe i'd get excited if other people liked it...PM me if you do =p) Cry for help. Wooeeee is to meeee

matthewd997

Trophies
XP
Country
Dweep DS!!!!
Portal DS !!!!!

smash bros. DS
^ never will happen though^

Posts merged

Dweep DS!!!!
Portal DS !!!!!

smash bros. DS
^ never will happen though^

Div03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite understand why a good point and tap Diablo II-esque game hasn't come out yet. Me and a few people are actually working on one and it works really well so far. Though we're all college student (except our intro animator) so don't get your hopes up for seeing anything anytime soon.

Still, why hasn't this been done..?

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battletech: Crescent Hawks Revenge (It's like MechCommander, if it was made in 1992 [before Dune 2 even!])
MechCommander (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!)
System Shock (1 and 2)
Master of Orion 2
Arcanum (All you Fallout people, PLAY THIS GAME NOW, it's fucking awesome!)
Blade Runner

berryman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Line rider is already being made into a game for the DS.

I would say a working, touchscreen, flash emu so you could play free rider, line rider, etc..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol