ROM Hack Homebrew Games that NEED to be made

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Crysis definately needs to be ported to the DS.

It would be absolutely fantastic! Running at around 1 frame per month, it would become the absolute forefront of handheld entertainment!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
krazykirk said:
I think Crysis definately needs to be ported to the DS.

It would be absolutely fantastic! Running at around 1 frame per month, it would become the absolute forefront of handheld entertainment!

thats pretty funny lol.

kinda stupid but funny.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up a game that I played long ago. It's called Ragnarok Battle Offline. It's a platform/rpg'ish adventure game. It just came to mind that it would be so awesome if it could be made on the DS, which I doubt would happen though because of the game's physics. But.. maybe..

Anyways, the three games I'd like:

1. Gunbound
2. Starcraft
3. Ragnarok Battle Offline

For those of you wondering what Ragnarok Battle Offline is.. it's an Offline version of Ragnarok Online (duh.. lols).. Let youtube explain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wi_T7toYlU

sirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starcraft ds has already been made and is available if you google it, tho act fast because the creator is getting his pants sued off by blizzard lol,
i would like to see that old pc game "cannon fodder" made for the ds, i love that game.

Duckiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flow DS
biggrin.gif

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that this may seem pretty lame, but a real Either Port of SSB, or a version that might look similar to JUS, Not any of that turnbased not-cool stuff.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Earthbound/Mother Series
2d Sonic game
Official Chat program
1. not only would there be trademark issues, but tributes to games tend to suck
2. see #1
3. There's no such thing as 'official' homebrew, and there are quite a few irc programs

kougerai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I recently picked up a game that I played long ago. It's called Ragnarok Battle Offline. It's a platform/rpg'ish adventure game. It just came to mind that it would be so awesome if it could be made on the DS, which I doubt would happen though because of the game's physics. But.. maybe..

Anyways, the three games I'd like:

1. Gunbound
2. Starcraft
3. Ragnarok Battle Offline

For those of you wondering what Ragnarok Battle Offline is.. it's an Offline version of Ragnarok Online (duh.. lols).. Let youtube explain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wi_T7toYlU

I agree with your 3rd suggestion RBO Is an awesome game and needs to be made onto the DS

I am hoping someone will be smart enough to port it.

Also I am illiterate when it comes to rom making and hacking D:

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Keshire said:
I'd love to see classic Strategy and RPG games get ported to the DS.

Warlords 2 or Civ 1/2?
turn-based, nothing real-time; sprite-based, no 3D models; d-pad controlled instead of stylus.
I know there are two open-source Civ 2 projects on the PC, but have not yet had a chance to look at the underlying code. I know the AI for the Civ 2 clones have been developed as part of the open-source projects.

EDIT1
Incidentally there are two Warlords 2 open source projects, in C++ and in Java. Infinite Interactive is also releasing Warlords DS based on the Warlords 2 engine, and the screens look pretty good, so no homebrew needed there.
Despite the upcoming Civ Revolutions DS release, I think there may still be interest in a Civ 2 homebrew. Will do some homework on DS development over the next few nights, see what I find. More than open to suggestions/tips as to where to start, i.e. Dev Kits/Tools (official or otherwise), tutorials, etc. Level of interest from the folks here would be nice too.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just started playing La Mulana again, and this game would be excellent on the DS. The bottom screen could handle all the rom screens, maps, items, and a keyboard when necessary. Cave Story is getting a port (eventually) so maybe this could be next. Has quite the indie fanbase from what I can tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared