Hacking Homebrew! ..for sale?!

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's one for more, with postage costs, in case you need them to print out pages from this forum. :rofl2:

UYsOE2a.png
Someone didn't read. He doesn't provide a SD card.

"SD Not Provided"
"BUT WILL NOT PROVIDE SD WHICH WOULD BE JUST PLUG AND PLAY".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there is much worse things going on in the world, there will always be someone looking to make a few bucks for making things easier, and from the sounds of it that actually includes the SD card....sure it will probably be a crappy 2 gb card or something but still minus the postage and SD costs he would be making a pittance .....plus he is donating 10% of the proceeds to charity, of all the people trying to sell free crap he seems to at least not be trying to charge a fortune and has a bit of a heart at least, him having his listing doesn't make the free tutorials disappear its just another option for people who can't/don't want to follow free guides

that said maybe 10% could be kicked back to the devs of the software he is using too
Dosen't the SD card have to be max 2GB anway, to setup the HBL.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't include the sd card
This guy lives round the corner from me
What he does is send you links to the software and he tells you what to put on your own sd card for each step of the process
In other words he just sells you a guide that he sends you in a cut n paste step
If you get stuck he will talk you through it
But tbh you get the same standards if not better from a dogeggs guide and if you find that hard then a YouTube vid

Sent from my hand using Tapatalk and magic

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Someone didn't read. He doesn't provide a SD card.

"SD Not Provided"
"BUT WILL NOT PROVIDE SD WHICH WOULD BE JUST PLUG AND PLAY".
there is one listing with the SD and one without.......someone else doesn't read either

anyways just report the listing if you like, all im saying is at least a bit goes to charity it could be worse :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

LvPre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but you are kind of selling someone else's work who donated it for free. Happened with the Kodi community. People started selling boxes with open source software and some devs just quit putting stuff out there. When it is posted on eBay, everyone knows...that's the issue. If this guy was giving a kickback to the people that created these hacks that would be a little different, but I doubt that will do that.

Reactions: LuigiXL

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but you are kind of selling someone else's work who donated it for free. Happened with the Kodi community. People started selling boxes with open source software and some devs just quit putting stuff out there. When it is posted on eBay, everyone knows...that's the issue. If this guy was giving a kickback to the people that created these hacks that would be a little different, but I doubt that will do that.
I don't see the point. Most open-source licences allow you to charge for service. Some of them even allow you to sell the actual software/rebrand it completely.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks like he donates a portion of the money to charity, I give him credit for doing that at least. Just think of the last time you helped your mom or dad, or grandparent if you are younger, with computer stuff. It's the same kind of help, helping someone clueless is not easy. Although I forgive older people like my parents, because they didn't grow up in this generation, they're in their 70s, but anyone that wants to use hacks on their Wii U is obviously the age where they should really know better, and must be really challenged in comparison.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think its normal, in my country theres some store or person that charge up to $30 for installing homebrew in vWii

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I feel that if you're servicing somebodies hardware, or setting something up such as a server, you have a right to charge them even if the contents (in this case payloads/homebrew) are technically free. You're providing them something they don't want to do themselves because they are lazy or just don't want to bother with it themselves. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what these guys are doing. They are just providing the same thing the threads here do.

I get asked a couple times a year to hack Wii's, and usually make $20 from each one. I tell them everything I do is free if they want to do it themselves, but most rather not spend the time. Why? Not sure since it only takes about 5 minutes, but that's how it is. I assume it's the brick risk because they may not understand something idk. Easy $20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto