Hacking Homebrew! ..for sale?!

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's one for more, with postage costs, in case you need them to print out pages from this forum. :rofl2:

UYsOE2a.png

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have smash bros for wii, but I would like homebrew vwii. Paying some guy is cheaper than tracking down a copy, and figuring out how to do it all. Probably takes less time too, and someone that has done it before probably wont fuck it up. I have seen stuff like this on craigslist for years. I would pay a small amount for technical help.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reported to eBay!!!

Why? Hes not selling anything illegal, hes not even selling the homebrew. Hes just offering to walk someone throught the process of setting up their wii/vwii to be able to use homebrew, for a few pound of course.

Not everyone is able to follow the tutorials that are here and other sites. I myself had no problems but ive had to walk friends and family through it all before over the phone.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most people would give someone a guide but he is offering to take time out of his day and offer help, step by step, should he require money, so be it.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have smash bros for wii, but I would like homebrew vwii. Paying some guy is cheaper than tracking down a copy, and figuring out how to do it all. Probably takes less time too, and someone that has done it before probably wont fuck it up. I have seen stuff like this on craigslist for years. I would pay a small amount for technical help.
With the guy the op linked to, you would still need to have the game.
And seriously you would pay? I have seen many gba temp members go above and beyond for free. All the way down to skyping with the person who is having an issue. Homebrew has always been about being free. People start charging and it really takes away from the OG homebrewers.
Take lets just say ubuntu for example. It started as a homebrew opening closed source linux. Look at what all it offers as an operating system and it remains completely free. Look at all the people on ubuntu forums ready to answer even the dumbest of questions.
GBA temp used to be this way too. I honestly hope one day GBA will get back to that core value and shine once again as the helpful site.
Never and I mean never pay for something when it is offered completely free.
As long as people like Cyan remain on this site you can get any question answered on installing hbc on vwii or anything else homebrew on nintendo products.
I honestly think the entire wii u temp community needs a serious overhaul. And instead of insulting one another we should attempt to help users out.
(That also means answering the threads that pop up from new users no matter how frequent the same question pops up. Even if your reply is links to sticky threads.) Come on guys, you wanna kill this kind of stuff (people charging for free stuff) then we need to pull together and unite the community. And we need to no longer feed the hostility.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway who is this guy really hurting? Some people just like to pay for stuff because that way they get what they want without all the f***ing about :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is much worse things going on in the world, there will always be someone looking to make a few bucks for making things easier, and from the sounds of it that actually includes the SD card....sure it will probably be a crappy 2 gb card or something but still minus the postage and SD costs he would be making a pittance .....plus he is donating 10% of the proceeds to charity, of all the people trying to sell free crap he seems to at least not be trying to charge a fortune and has a bit of a heart at least, him having his listing doesn't make the free tutorials disappear its just another option for people who can't/don't want to follow free guides

that said maybe 10% could be kicked back to the devs of the software he is using too

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?