Homebrew Homebrew Development

PieFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, top left/right is for 3d and the 0/1 is for double buffering.
In the 3DSTemplate there's a swapBuffer function which gets and sets the register for the index of the currently drawn framebuffer. (0x400478 for top left/right, 0x400578 for bottom screen)

Thanks for clarifying. I don't have a gateway though, so I can't run arm11 homebrew.
I did however manage to draw a 3d rectangle!

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
ssspwn should be released in the coming weeks. Unless there's another case of unfortunate timing with Nintendo announcements, like the New 3DS shipping worldwide very early next year.

Reactions: Idaho

scholan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so because of one user you won't release?
no i didnt think so :P
at this moment i was totally pissed off.

i'm just working for launching .nds games with this exploit. (i can run animal crossing wild world and pokemon diamond, i dont try it with 3ds games but i will do it soon)
and i think smealum just finished his project before i release it. and i just waiting for smealum too.

(sry for my english, come from germany :P)

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i didnt think so :P
at this moment i was totally pissed off.

i'm just working for launching .nds games with this exploit. (i can run animal crossing wild world and pokemon diamond, i dont try it with 3ds games but i will do it soon)
and i think smealum just finished his project before i release it. and i just waiting for smealum too.

(sry for my english, come from germany :P)
So, you mean you are able to run nds games without a flashcart?

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, here a little tutorial to whom wanna begin with homebrew on 3DS :P

Before anything you will need these files:
DevKitARM : devkitpro.org
DevKitARM Add-on 3ds: http://mtheall.com/~fincs/3dsdkA/
3DSTemplate(with new ctrulib): http://filetrip.net/dl?rqkeqrIIns

After download all files:
1 - open the "dkA-3dsx-patch-12092014.zip" and copy the DevKitARM folder to DevKitPro/DevKitARM folder on your PC.
2 - extract 3dstemplate where you wanna, open the 3dstemplate folder and copy the "libctru" on C:/ or D:/ or where you wanna on your disk.
3 - Go to environment variables and at system variables, create a new with name: CTRULIB , value: D:\libctru (change to your libctru directory !).
4 - on 3dstemplate folder open the build.bat, if you did everything correct, it will generate three new files, ".elf", ".3dsx" and ".3ds", the .3ds is to Gateway users, .elf to alternative homebrew loaders and .3dsx to future Smea Homebrew Loader.

If you wanna edit the code, just go to source and edit the main.c, there is a little example on code, have fun :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*