Thank you so much for your helpful information
rolleyes.gif

maison de credit

ted14161

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some1 plz help me get the homebrew channel for my wii i have version 4.0. ive been trying 2 get it for like 2 days now???? plz n e i???

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I am a pretty new member here, but I have been having so much fun tweaking the shit outta my Wii! I am no coder of any sort but i am getting a good handle on hacking and using homebrew apps. ANYWAYS, I found a psd file off wiibrew.org and made a bunch of new hbc icons. I think they look real sleek and some can be used universally for multiple apps. I included a mediafire link at the bottom and an icon sample image. If anyone likes them, AWESOME!, critics are welcome, same with requests. this stuff is fun for me!!
empyrhbcicons.rar

wlxj06.jpg

this is totally a copy/paste of the topic i made on the main page lol..hope i dont get flamed!

newbep4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sord_id said:
Hello guys!

I'm a newbie here and need some help.

I've got a moded Wii with wiikey and FW 3.3U and want to install the homebrew channel. From the official site I saw that the only way to do this is using 'the twilight hack' (cause my FW is above 3.2).

My question is: is this really the only way I can install the homebrew channel ? If yes, can I make a backup of Twilight Princess and use the "twilight hack" method with it? Will it works with a backup ?

Thanks for the help

i installed HBC with a "copy" of Twilight Princess and i have a wiikey with a wiiclip just folow the guide u have to the letter. a Backup of TW will work. (wasen't scrubbed that i know of) i installed HBC and then upgraded to 4.0 from 3.4 then i had to wait a week to downgrade to 3.2 to get other things to work correctly SO DONT UPGRADE to 4.0 after because i haven't been able to DVDX to work as of yet!?! Good luck (and read alot).

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am trying to start Wii sports resort through the latest Gecko OS 192b. But when I launch game, it says it will install IOS 55 and a wad file, but when i press A for install on my Wiimote, it just dies. The wiimote freezes and I have to reboot the Wii.

what gives?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.Nick666 makes the best damn icons dont he? Best gfx designer around always has been! awesome to see its still in use being he made them for hell hibuos old homebrew loader app (before the official homebrew channel existed) for theplayground-uk
smile.gif
hes a close friend of mine and one the most talented people ive met in the wii and psp scenes
smile.gif

Oxa

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants an icon for WAD Manager 1.5:

icon.png

I made an icon with Photoshop. It's in PNG format with transparency. It looks really nice in Homebrew Channel. ^-^

I used a few layers and there is binary in the background at a low opacity.

As for the meta, you can make it yourself, it's really easy!

WAD Manager 1.5
Waninkoko
WAD Manager

Do not touch unless you know what you are doing.

- As said by WiiPower...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if this should be posted here (FP/OP is rather vague imo .. n/o) but I would just like to say I LOVE this app. It's even better then the wiishop thingy because of the "cueue" one can make. Just tag the stuff I like and let it run. Even better is the update in it (although I haven't used it yet, I reckon I'll love it).

I did run into a minor problem: When I started it for the first time, it checked something about pics orso (was checking something, but was already in GUI) and I went browsing/changing categories and it seemed to hang.
After a reset: the next time I launched it, I just let it be for a sec untill it was done doing "it's thing" and haven't had any trouble since. It was probably mentioned in the readme orso already, but I usually skip those unless I'm not sure or meet some troubles. Most stuff get's mentioned in the install guides etc already anyway.

All in all: A great (must have imo) app and kudos to everyone who is working on and for it.
biggrin.gif

pelson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Sorry, but i am a newbie on this kind of process

Is it possible to install a MegaDrive wad on WII using homebrewn ?

What I have to do ? I need to run NHL 95 and 97..

Is it neessary to have a old controler? or i can use wii controller?

Thanks

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pelson said:
Hello

Sorry, but i am a newbie on this kind of process

Is it possible to install a MegaDrive wad on WII using homebrewn ?

What I have to do ? I need to run NHL 95 and 97..

Is it neessary to have a old controler? or i can use wii controller?

Thanks
hahahahahaha
dont just ask questions in the first topic you see

killplaystation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Some of them are from the great icon master Matriculated, I just added a white bg =P

iqhnv5.png

4kgpk2.png

2qu7iol.png

11t075y.jpg

xngtih.png

2h3vrpk.png

2cronti.png

2dtdngy.png

All those were giving problem to read, at least to me.
I only upload the apps that I use, it's a small help, I don't plan add white bg at every app =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-