Homebrew applications freezing the system?

SaberLilly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put Tiramisu on my Wii-U and there seems to be an odd issue where certain homebrew applications like the HB appstore and bloopair freeze the system outright forcing a hard reset, while applications like HID to VPAD hang the system once exited. Do i need to update these to work with Tiramisu? Do i need to update my Homebrew Launcher in general? Its really confusing me right now...... XD

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@SaberLilly As godreborn told use the HBL provided by Tiramisu, so the one in Mii Maker. Also yes, you need to update the homebrews. For bloopair there's a special version just for Tiramisu which even boots with Tiramisu (coldboot bloopair! And it's officially part of Tiramisu, see https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe ), for example. ;)

//EDIT: BTW: Updating Tiramisu means to just redownload from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe , putting the downloaded files onto the SD card (overwriting existing ones).

Reactions: jeannotte
Trophies
XP
Alternatively if you don't want to use the Mii Maker and want to use the HBC you can delete 50_hbl_installer.rpx from the modules on the SD Card to allow the loading of those "certain apps" as you put it. As far as I know this only happens because of the fact Tiramisu wasn't designed to work with the Legacy HBC so it has conflicts with RPX Loading - but deleting the file I listed basically puts a band-aid over the problem and allows to use HBC while maintaining use of the actual Mii Maker.

I personally did this just because WUP Installer was noticeably more unstable when using it via Mii Maker HBL as it does a half reload when starting / finishing an install which can lead to crashing. Using HBC Fixed that issue. (Same with NUSspli, but I don't know if it still does that as I'm unable to test)

DiegoVazquez

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello I have a problem with Nusspli in which freezes when I try to download a game. It gets stuck with the message “preparing title.tmd” Is there anyway I can fix it?
Post automatically merged:

Hello I have a problem with Nusspli in which freezes when I try to download a game. It gets stuck with the message “preparing title.tmd” Is there anyway I can fix it?
Ps I also tried using aroma instead of tiramisu but the problem was still apparent. If anyone could help Id very much appreciated.

Last edited by DiegoVazquez,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there anyway I can fix it?
Just wait for around 30 seconds as it isn't crashed, there's just a stupid Nintendo API function needing a lot of time. Also you should see this one time after starting NUSspli only, after that the API result gets cached and not called again. ;)

DiegoVazquez

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just wait for around 30 seconds as it isn't crashed, there's just a stupid Nintendo API function needing a lot of time. Also you should see this one time after starting NUSspli only, after that the API result gets cached and not called again. ;)
Thanks alot for your response. I will try it out later since im busy right now. But thank you so much I appreciate it alot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo