Hardware Holes on the Switch?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps not, but I have never seen a "for future use" port on any device ever actually used for anything. (Well, officially)
Well... well... What about the port later used for Sega CD?
Or the one later used for Famicom Disk System?
Or... Well, there are many other examples.

Reactions: thorasgar

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL.. more guess, again. Oh boy. I don't want to guess until it is release in March. O course, I won't buy it until this fall. Anyway, less guess and more facts is better. :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... well... What about the port later used for Sega CD?
Or the one later used for Famicom Disk System?
Or... Well, there are many other examples.
I never had those, but you are correct I am sure there are instances but it sure seems whatever device has expansion ports usually reaches EOL before anything is implemented.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Take a loot at...lets say (now already old) iPad Air 2. Holes there are microscopic compared to these....
Its big enough for children can put their fingers in there and pull the Nand out for crying out loud.
it needs to breathe heavy :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

of course it has a grill, just like the laptops, you can even put your dindly dong there,
i'd rather use a Pipedream :creep:

Reactions: fatsquirrel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better shot
102_1172.JPG

Was pretty warm there during the Zelda demo I played.

Reactions: migles

JFlare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe they are there (for cooling like a few of you said) because it will overheat easily... so they give a big vent to keep it cool enough

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't you guys know how exhausts work? bigger is better!

You can also drill a hole in it.

More seriously for the ricers/gary boys/whatever your local pejorative is in the audience exhaust is part of the typically four stroke cycle (intake, compression, expansion, exhaust, or if you prefer something more memorable suck, squeeze, bang, blow) so bigger may get in the way of that cycle -- my favourite for this was at drag races one day. Guy had a too long exhaust and cut it off to tune the engine, before going too far and welding a bit back on.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Japan is pretty good at fixing sinkholes, but not good at not making holes in their electronics. Unfunny jokes aside, this is 100% for cooling purposes. The Switch is also a handheld and that much power on such a small case creates high temperatures. Which makes me worry a bit, to be honest.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also drill a hole in it.

More seriously for the ricers/gary boys/whatever your local pejorative is in the audience exhaust is part of the typically four stroke cycle (intake, compression, expansion, exhaust, or if you prefer something more memorable suck, squeeze, bang, blow) so bigger may get in the way of that cycle -- my favourite for this was at drag races one day. Guy had a too long exhaust and cut it off to tune the engine, before going too far and welding a bit back on.
It's similar to a heat pump/refrigeration cycle.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When the South Park studio decides to make an episode without offensive gestures, words or dildos...
I mean for any console, my preorder is not on the Switch anyways (ofc). And I love my offensive gestures, words an dildos, so leave them where they are please.
PS: Release date still unknown, ugh. I miss those time when it was still supposed to release on December'16.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!